Should I tell him how I feel or let it go?

by megsmomma 32 Replies latest jw friends

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

Brief history: My mom shuns me, my step dad is not a JW but thinks pretty much like one and called me apostate when I tried to tell him some things. My step dad and I have never been close, he was verbally abusive to me growing up.

Well, last week he and my mom fly up my ex- and his wife with my daughter (All JW's) to go boating with them and my sisters kids. I am glad my daughter got to see her cousins....but, I am sure if they talked about me at all it was not positive talk. I do not get a call while my daughter is there, however I get a call from step-dad after she's gone to tell me what a great time they had.(he left a message, I did not answer)

I understand they are in a mind-numbing cult and maybe do not realize how messed up it is to fly an ex-son in law and new wife to hang out with the family...but, I am PISSED and refuse to answer my step-dads calls and wonder should I tell him why....or avoid talking to him at all.

What I want to say is "Don't you see something is wrong with this picture?? If my own MOM won't talk to me or her other grand daughter, WHY would I want anything to do with you?? Call me when we can be a real family, OK?"

Then I sound like a "bitter hatefull apostate"....right?

Arrrrrrrrgggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• carla
    carla

To a jw you would probably sound bitter and hateful. To the outside world you would sound like you exhibiting justified anger. For him to call you with this info was just to be mean spirited, 'look what you are missing' by leaving the org. We had such a wonderful time with your ex husband and child and his new wife is soooo wonderful' something like that? What a jack ass.

I would tell him what non jw's think of his behavior and your mothers and how people like me ( a non jw) use these stories to relay the 'loving' nature of jw's and jah's so called org. Non jw's are horrified by the way jw families treat those who wish to leave. They bring 'reproach' upon themselves on a regular basis and call it love. 1984

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

THAT is [EDIT] UP! I'm so sorry, I would be so pissed at my mom, I would let them know how I felt!

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

Thank you Carla....

I think some of my mind is still tainted by the cult for even understanding how they could do this! (Oh, well...they are truly family....spiritual family....you may lose your fleshly family for the sake of the society, but we'll give you "fake" family in return and you can feel vindicated)

I am glad to have some reasonable thinking on my side.

• BFD
    BFD

It's so hard when our families act this way. I don't have any advise, just a big hug...((((((megsmomma))))))

BFD

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

Thanks Andre too.....I really do want to call and get it off my chest.

I have been holding back for my daughters sake....mainly so they wouldn't talk bad about me to her...but, it doesn't make much of a difference what I do or don't do. They will ALWAYS talk bad about me unless I "go back".

Today...I AM a bitter and angry apostate. For those who don't understand how I could feel that way......I guess those are the types who are too numb to care.

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

Thanks BFD....

All this and trying to kill werewolves too....what a day!

• changeling
    changeling

That is really twisted. Your family hangs out with your ex??? Why can't they have your daughter over and leave out the extra baggage? And if they do speak badly about you in front of your child that's wrong on soooo many counts...

I'm really sorry, you are in a real pickle. (((((((you))))))))

changeling (I am not a wolf)

• Mum
    Mum

It's hard to think rationally while you're so angry. Give yourself some cooling off time, and then do what you think would serve your daughter's best interest. Don't give them anything they could use against you with her. I have had an absentee daughter being brought up in the cult after I was out also. What you do could be held against her, as it was with my daughter.

Do you have a therapist or someone you can talk to before taking any action? If not, it's good that you're here getting other perspectives.

Hope your day gets better. Life improves once your daughter is 18.

Regards,

SandraC

• free2think
    free2think

That is so messed up, i'm really sorry they are treating you so badly.

((((((((((hugs))))))))))))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit