Did someone disable the reply function on Wanderer's topic!!?

by NotaNess 68 Replies latest jw friends

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee
    The next thread title will probably be: An Iraqi transvestite with head lice walks into your office and wants to take pictures of you sitting naked on top of stuffed sword fish What would you do?

Ask for a pillow?

BB

• Who are you?
    Who are you?
    I was proposing a scenario if you were say
    a Bill Bowden or Barbara Andersen.

However, most people will criticize the one
    mentioning it and hope matters will somehow
    go away.

The WTS has no business pretending to be criminal investigators. If they were ethical, they would immediately realize this, apologize and turn every allegation immeditaley over to law enforcement.

The only people who feel that the WTS has a role other than that are the WTS and you.

Clear enough Kojak?

• The wanderer
    The wanderer

Dear Who Are You?:

Do you really understand what I was trying to say?

I was setting the scene for a real life scenario
    and placing the individual directly in the middle
    of it.

I am not advocating or supporting the Watchtower
    Society.

What I am saying is, if you were presented with
    this case how would you handle it?

Bill Bowden was handed this case as was Barbara
    Andersen.

Now is it clear?

By the way, I do not appreciate the reference
    to Telly Savalis.

The Wanderer

• minimus
    minimus

Richard, can you see why people might think you're crossing the line or being "creepy"? I don't think you get it. My good advice to you is to apologize to any posters that find your presentation disturbing and cut it out!

• Who are you?
    Who are you?

Wanderer I understand exactly what you are doing. You are lending credence and validation to the WTS assertion that they have any role whatsovever in deciding about pedophelia cases.

It cuts to the core of everything related to the WTS and what they stand for.

They have no business being involved whatsoever in deciding whether criminal activity should or should not immediately be turned over to criminal investigators.

Are you able to grasp that Wanderer?

It is what makes them undeniably a destuctive cult.

• The wanderer
    The wanderer

Dear Minimus:

Okay, I apologize for having anyone having
    taken this as a personal affront.

I just want to make it clear that I was
    presenting another side of reality.

I am not advocating or supporting the Watch-
    tower Society.

My apologies,

The Wanderer

• BFD
    BFD

With all due respect to you richard I will say that most of the times I avoid the topics you start. When I first came here I just thought you were a mole but I don't think that anymore. I think you need to really think about the watchtoweresque way you post.

The topic in question here showed a blatant disregard toward victims of sexual abuse. An apology is in order.

My .02

BFD

Edit: Thank you, richard

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Sometimes, we alienate ourselves from others without even realizing it.

It's good to have friends that let us know when we're doing that.

• minimus
    minimus

Good, Wanderer. Now maybe you can see why some thought you were acting "creepy". I think you should review your approach here. I've expressed comments regarding your style, as have others. Perhaps you can take into account Hillary_Step's astute observation in your thread that was silenced.

• changeling
    changeling

Dear Richard: It's not the subject matter that's disturbing. It's the way you presented it. I felt icky reading it. Your approach to the subject was almost voyouristic (we really need a spell checker). Just ask your questions and tell your stories in "normal speak". And contribute more to other people's threads, you're coming accross as egomaniacal as well as creepy.

Trully, no subject is off limits if presented with sensitivity.

I hope this helps,

changeling

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit