Did someone disable the reply function on Wanderer's topic!!?

by NotaNess 68 Replies latest jw friends

• NotaNess
    NotaNess

What's up with that?

I've seen worse posts & replies here people, he's just proposing a scenario to see how level headed people would handle it.

• rolling rock
    rolling rock

It was crap! : )

• flipper
    flipper

I hope so! I get so tired of the devils advocate stance! If we wanted a devil's advocate, we'd still be in the stupid JW religion. We really don't need to hear it. At least I speak for myself! Peace to you all, including Wanderer.Mr. Flipper

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

Aww! And I thought I was just being an unstable drunk last night (or whenever it was) when I started to say some sort of provocative shit at him and then edited it out. Well, what a d@mn shame. His "illuminating" and emotionally-removed approach is something I've found profoundly distasteful for quite some time - like some kind of elder's inquisition-on-line (how de ja vu it is). I guess he'll start up again, under a different name or something. Oh, well. There are always going to be people like him asking all kinds of stupid questions all the time . . . and people who have the "right" answers, right out of the book to respond. . . whatever . . .

• Arthur
    Arthur

The latest threads have been a bit bizarre. I felt like I was taking an intense psychological profile of the kind that the Secret Service would give to an prospective agent. What would you do? What would you say? How would you evaluate this? How would your react?

The next thread title will probably be: An Iraqi transvestite with head lice walks into your office and wants to take pictures of you sitting naked on top of stuffed sword fish What would you do?

• changeling
    changeling

Very creatitive Arthur!

changeling

• Who are you?
    Who are you?
    he's just proposing a scenario to see how level headed people would handle it.

You just witnessed how level headed people would handle it.

One of the classes that is usually part of an advanced degree program is ethics. If you are going for a business degree, psychology degree, IT degree, then you usually take a more core curriculum specific ethics class as well. What the class basically informs you, is that it is irresponsible to take everything you know and f**k with peoples heads for your own entertainment or profit.

Just because the basic principle of effective advertising is to strike a chord with peoples emotions, doesn't give you the right as an advertiser to cross the line into unethical marketing.

If Wanderer has never taken an ethics course, then I would strongly recommend that he take one.

• Who are you?
    Who are you?

and just to fully connect the dots....the entire WTS approach is unethical. Wanderer's approach mimics the WTS.

It is distasteful because it is unethical.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

The next thread title will probably be: An Iraqi transvestite with head lice walks into your office and wants to take pictures of you sitting naked on top of stuffed sword fish What would you do?

Now that's funny, Arthur!

• The wanderer
    The wanderer

Dear NotaNess:

"I've seen worse posts & replies here people, he's just proposing a scenario to see how level headed people would handle it."-NotaNess

Correct! Although, it is not an easy subject to
    discuss it is a reality that most individuals
    want to turn a blind-eye to.

There is a section on this discussion board
    dealing with that topic in addition to the
    law firms that advertise about it.

I was proposing a scenario if you were say
    a Bill Bowden or Barbara Andersen.

However, most people will criticize the one
    mentioning it and hope matters will somehow
    go away.

Just my thoughts ...