Memories. .. share the earliest or most favorite childhood memory

by MissFit 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• smiddy
    smiddy

I marvel that people can relate what happened to them at such & such an age 2, 3, 4 , whatever .

I wouldnt have a clue how old I was at my earliest memory .

But here goes : I was put in a creche , bawlled my eyes out so it must have been before I was 5 years old , school age.

smiddy

• MissFit
    MissFit

Hi Smiddy. Thanks for sharing.  It really is amazing what things we remember.

Im not sure how much we can actually trust the earliest memories.  The nice ones I think I will believe.  

Have you ever compared memories of an event with members of your family? Were the events remembered similarly ?  How different were they?

• scary21
    scary21

I remember when my sister was born. I was staying at my aunt's house. I missed my mom so much, but when she walked in the house with the new baby she just ignored me. They all went into the bedroom and put the new baby on a dressing table.  I was peeking around the door.  My mom took her dipper off and there was this HUGE mound of poo. I had never seen anything like it.  It looked HUGE to me I think I was use to little rabbit pellets,

I remember running upstairs and crying, thinking my mom only cared about this NEW baby . I was 3 1/2 yrs.

My mom was going to a baby shower, and for the life of me I could not understand why they would all want to get naked and shower together.

My mom use to drive this nice lady home from all the meetings.  Every time she would get out of the car she would say " well, I'll give you a ring tomorrow "  Finally I said to my mom " when is Martha going to give you that ring she keeps talking about "  I pictured a nice diamond ...lol   I was about 4yrs old.

• MissFit
    MissFit
    Scary21: great funny memories. Thank you for sharing.  They made me lol.
  • kaik
    kaik

MissFit, I think I remember my aunt's dog because we played a lot and I still recollect how we chased each other and hid under the table or bed. My aunt was very sick, so she could not play with me, so I do not think my child memory considered important to retain it. My father birth house was in the mountains in small city, but I do not think it was torn down. However, 40 years is long time for place to stay the same.  I have so sweet recollection of this place, like hiking and mushroom picking in the summer when I was four years old with my dad, WWII bunkers and my father stories of shootouts between partizans and SS. With my cousins we than played as partisans and Germans, while my grandmother made delicious smoked sausages in the smokehouse and baked home-made bread. So, it must be fairly big place. I also remember when my JW aunt and uncle arrived for "vacation" in that place and started to have bible study with my parents in that summer.

• MissFit
    MissFit

Kaik,  that sounds like a great place to spend your childhood.  I am sorry you cant find the place again.  

Maybe it's' better that way:

Sometimes the memories are sweeter than the reality.   

• MissFit
    MissFit

Thank you to everyone who took the time to share their memories.

I would love to hear more.

I have fond memories of certain  songs.  I remember my sisters and I singing to Tony Orlando and Dawn's "Knock Three Times on the Ceiling if your Love Me"

Everytime I heard that song I would flash back to that summer when my sisters and I would be singing that song at the top of our lungs while we were swinging outside.  When my sister's friend would play that song we would stop what we were doing and start dancing and knocking on the door with the song.

• MissFit
    MissFit

Hello all.  Just checking to see if any new ones wanted to share their memories or insites into the things we remember.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit