Memories. .. share the earliest or most favorite childhood memory

by MissFit 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

We lived on Guam when I was little. My oldest memories are from Guam. I can remember pitching a terrible fit because there was a little octopus on a rock at the beach and I wanted to keep it. My parents explained it was alive and needed to be left alone and other stuff too, I'm sure. They wound up giving me a spanking because I wouldn't quit pitching a fit.

I can remember the beach on Guam, eating hibiscus blossoms, living in a Quonset hut. I remember the trip back to California on a Navy ship much more clearly, I was a little older then.

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

Thanks to saving family pictures I have my memories chronicled...

My earliest memory is March 1980... I was 1 year 10 months....I remember only building a table of white plastic... the photos I have confirm thiis memory...

Ad for after its smooth.. I can recall alot incluing some thig that at the time was perseved in pictures up to 1982.. after 1983 I rmember not partts BUT ALL.... I remember all.. from 5-36 sadly... Wow JWS poisened me with creation and Jeblooper..

• MissFit
    MissFit

Wasanelder: one of my fondest memories are of my mom reading us a chapter of peter pan every night.  I was around 5.   I still remember being dissapointed at the ending.  A few years later my mom took us to the drive in to see the movie.  

To how the bible was created:  come to think of it, those fun stories and songs started  to get replaced by Kingdom songs and the" kid friendly" *rolls eyes*
    book Paradise Lost. *sigh*

• MissFit
    MissFit

Hortensia: Thank you for sharing your memories. It sounds like you had quite an interesting childhood.

Sowhatnow:  I'm sorry your first memory was so unhappy.  

I hope you had some happier ones to replace them.

• MissFit
    MissFit

Magnum:  sorry I missed your post the first time.  I really enjoyed your "snippets"of memories and looking through your childhood eyes.

Adults forget how impressionable children are and how much they  absorb even if they dont seem to be paying attention.

• prologos
    prologos
    Early 1930s,

The Zeppelin flying overhead, low, perhaps 200 meters, and

Another time, collapsing a porcelain night pot by not sitting still, ending up on a brown leather sofa in a doctors office to have a shard removed and stitches done. 

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

The winter when I was four it snowed on Boxing Day. We ran outside so excited. It was so pretty but we didn't know it would stay for two months and the temperature drop to -19. Went to bed with socks and gloves on, with woolly sweaters over our pyjamas. There was ice on the inside of the windows, no central heating. Winter of 1962 / 1963 - the year the Thames froze over and even the sea for four miles.

One day my dad took us to school and the snow was so deep we had to walk behind him stepping in his footprints. That was fun, I remember 

• MissFit
    MissFit

Thanks for sharing prolongs and x.  Your memories seem focused on physical sensations.... cold and pain.  It is amazing the different ways we remember things.  

• kaik
    kaik
    The earliest memory I have are from age four. It is interesting that some of the things I remember are irrelevant. My father had sister who was extremely sick and I was her favorite. I do not have whatsoever recollection of her, but I remember her dog very clearly, and her house, the carpet and furniture. My father was upset that I did not remember her. Last year I went to see my father birth place, house where lived during WWII. I have not seen that place for 40 years, so I had only retract child memories of his place. I was very disappointed that I could not locate his house and asked couple locals about it without luck. I wish I could find it, because I have still nice memory of this great-grandfather house; old well in the center of the farm yard; BBQ pit and smoke house full of delicious sausages, and a huge mountain forest in the background, and icy stream further down, where as four year old was forbidden to go.  Yet I could not locate this place anymore, so I am not sure how much of the memory of my father's house is based on reality and what is just imagination. Once my father moved away and died, I lost almost all pictures and I have only one picture of him...I cannot even remember my father's voice anymore.
  • MissFit
    MissFit

Hi Kaik,  thanks for sharing those memories.  I know what you mean about remembering things more than people. 

I have strong memories of the house I lived in when I was 5.  I remember the wood floors, the lay out of the rooms and the big front porch.

I too went back to view the house, but could not find it.  I still remembered the landmarks.  I finally realized that they tore the house down.  I was so disappointed. 

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit