UN finally announces end of Religion

by NotaNess 23 Replies latest jw friends

• NotaNess
    NotaNess
    Can you imagine the member nations agreeing on any such thing? The U.N.has radical members arguing at each other all the time. I guess the WTS is trying to say some sort of miracle will happen, that Jehovah will plant his idea in the minds of the members.

This is how I've heard it too. That Humans can't stop it, it's just gonna happen cause that's how God's gonna play it out.

MAYBE IT IS SOMEWHAT TRUE!!!!

The "UN" ( or rather a member of a department of the UN - the WTS), will denounce all (other) religions......and there you have it...see it's already happened!

Good posts everyone--

• AllAlongTheWatchtower
    AllAlongTheWatchtower

Considering how recent pronouncements of the pope have stirred up some cross-faith discontent, it's extremely unlikely in the near future, but IF the UN were to attempt any such thing, I would imagine that it'd be far easier to institute some sort of watered down ecumenism than it would be to ban religion outright. Of course, that assumes somebody could find a way to deal with the radical religous elements such as the Islamic terrorists and such. Something along the lines of the Orange Catholic religion depicted in Frank Herbert's "Dune".

Inevitably, if THAT actually happened, every dub from here to hell and back would be screeching about how it was the prophecy fulfilled, the beast is here, blah blah blah. Speaking from a purely secular point of view, it might not be a bad thing if such a thing happened, and indeed might be a required step on the way to what I believe to be the best case scenario for mankind: universal atheism. What better way to make religion obsolete than to make it universal, and minimally invasive or important?

• sir82
    sir82

Over the past several years, the Watchtower has been extremely careful in how they phrase this particular doctrine. It usually ends up being something along the lines of "member nations of the UN will unite to prohibit religion..." See, it's not the UN per se that does the banning of religion, it's a bunch of nations, who also conveniently happen to belong to the UN, who do so.

Of course it's all malarkey, but technically, the Society has stopped saying "The UN itself will ban religion".

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

I can remember being excited and terrified when the 'year of peace' was declared.

I think the reasoning of a 'ban on religion' can only come from an insular group. I was recently debating with a bunch of JW's over the [sic] 'better', child abuse policy from the Watchtower, and other religious organizations. The only organizations JW's would see as having a strong (note, not stronger) policy are those which are of high control groups.

This goes to the core of JW mentality. The average American Christian believes that Christ is the savior, not an organization. Their religion is of a personal nature. A 'ban on all religion' is akin to a ban on favorite colors.

I can remember when in Europe we would get excited over news of the societies literature making it through iron curtain, into the old eastern bloc countries. There was a plethora of JW urban myths regarding this. But, why would that matter if the citizens had a bible? That's all you need right?

steve

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit