UN finally announces end of Religion

by NotaNess 23 Replies latest jw friends

• NotaNess
    NotaNess

This seems to be a topic on the beginning of the big A, that I dont see on this forum. A JW I work with seems to live his life waiting & emphasizing this one sign. Whats deal, Im tired of hearing. If the UN went that route, I think religious groups would burn that place to the ground. I think its more brainwashing. Never gonna happen.

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

i haven't heard it. i'm sure this would be blasted on news stations if it was true.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

the key is that a VETO wielding member must not vote against

Russia and China are atheistic so they would gladly ban religion

France and UK are much more secular and could vote to ban it.

USA will not vote to ban religion and would use its VETO

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

sorry, i reread your post and realise i read it wrong. yeah, the u.n. is too connected to religion to turn on it. it would be their undoing

• changeling
    changeling

I wish it was true. We would be better off w/o religion.

But of course, If it was banned, then people's rights would be violated. That's no way to live.

Someday, in the distant future, humanity will reaize how evil and divisive religion really is.

Imagine.

changeling

• JeffT
    JeffT

I'd forgotten this one. JW's are living on their own planet (I know alert the media!) if they think religious people are just going to sit there and let it happen. Islamic fanatics want to destroy NYC as it is, one wonders what they'd do if the UN told them to stop praying. There is a very high percentage of gun owning religious conservatives in the US and some very devout Roman Catholics in some parts of the world.

The Budhists might not get to relied up.

• Gopher
    Gopher

The strange Watchtower prophecy (that the U.N. will destroy all non-JW religions) is deeply embedded in JW culture, at least in the minds of those who have been around it a while.

I heard this story a couple of times from the mouth of JW's: Supposedly someone at some time toured the United Nations headquarters building in Manhattan, and was shown a "secret room" that contained the instruments that would lead to religion's destruction. I know it sounds crazy. But crazy "official" teachings lead to crazy urban legends amongst the sheep.

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

i remember a talk at an assembly, where the c.o. made a big deal about how he doesn't believe in those urban legends. then he remarked, that being said... then he went on with a story about how a high ranking official was talking to someone in the u.n. and the guy told the "brother" they had better speed up their work because they were about to end religion. this talk was in the early 90's. yet, some people still talk about it.

• Gopher
    Gopher

... and 1986 was the UN's International Year of Peace.

Ooooooh -- sounds like they proclaimed peace and security !!! The end must have been veeerrrry near.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Imagine.

Great song changeling.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit