The Myth Of Evolution

by whereami 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• JCanon
    JCanon

Just wanted to note in passing with a recent second look at evolution, that it is fraught with difficulty and gray issues and is thus far from effectively challenging the Bible. Like the ice core issue at the poles. They allegedly amount to millions of years when the gas particles are tested, etc. But then I found out underneath all that ice they found tropical plants!!! That's always been a pro-Flood argument. So I just gave up. The science is either too sketchy or advanced for the average person to really consider it as any kind of a preemptive evidence to dmiss their belief in the Bible.

Furthermore, one must consider specifically the type of God Yaweh is and what we're dealing with. He enjoys catches the wise in their cunning and throwing the non-believers for loops. So who knows what secret "exceptions to the rule" are being hidden from scientists or what kinds of games God is playing with the scientists to make them come to the wrong conclusions? So this God messes with the minds of the scientists even at the theoretical levels potentially, like the lava flow dating via argon gas where an intense concentration of argon gas caused lava flows to be dated millions of years when they were known historically to have erupted just 50 years ago or so. Scientists adapted their testing methods and made exceptions to the rule, but that's the whole point. What scientific curves are out there that scientists can't possibly see by what is left. As a result the error margin is a great one. So even if one were to seriously look at evolution theory and earth-age theory, there is a lot of things that are problematic or inconclusive at every turn, so you just have to table it. And that explains why the debates go on and on and on. If there was anything absolutely definitive, evolutionists would bring it up every time to shut down the creationists. But there's nothing like that; everything has issues.

In the meantime, some theories fall flat. Like I've heard that flowers under the "survival of the fitest theory" developed their colors and sweet nectar to attract bees so they could get pollinated. Now that seems perhaps logical in the most extreme sense. But as one detractor pointed out, some things are here that don't seem to be related at all. I mean, why did the pear tree develop sweet fruit? Why would it need to? Yet the creationist sees the variety of fruit and other foods as a demonstration of God's love and artistry. It's clear to us that this is a FRUIT tree that is simply doing what it was designed to do, which is to provide food for US and the animals. But what are we doing for the fruit trees in such a direct manner that they evolved and adapted, say from an oak tree or some other non-fruit-bearing tree?

In the meantime, if just for a moment we considered a pear as provided by God for our enjoyment and nourishment, how wonderful indeed it's creator must be! I mean, it has a beautiful skin, a pleasant smell, it's there just waiting for us to harvest and enjoy. It has a good shelf life. It's nourishing. A perfect food. And what are we to think? "WOWWWWW, what another beautiful ACCIDENT/MUTATION of evolution? " No. And things like this is precisely why you get all those "evolution is a completely STUPID theory" because it just goes so far beyond "reason" when you look at it from certain points of view. You know? Given the choice between IB (intelligent being) or IA (incredible accident), I choose the former without hesitation every time....

Dave2002

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

:::Just wanted to note in passing with a recent second look at evolution,
    :::it is fraught with difficulty and gray issues and is thus far from effectively challenging the Bible.

That being said, you don't even need to go to evolution to effectively challenge the bible. The bible has it's own set of problems far greater than evolution.

-ithinkisee

• JCanon
    JCanon
    mean, we are pretty fricken advanced beings, all things said. What would a being of the next real evolutionary step look like? How would they appear to us? As angels perhaps? Beings who have such an advanced understanding of nature and advanced...

Incidentally, this brings up another issue against evolution and that's it's "cultic" connection to the general concept inherent in the Mysteries. The Mysteries from ancient Babylon and Egypt along with Mithraism is also preoccupied with the concept of using knowledge to get far away from what is physical and become something more mental and thus more spritual. It is based upon the original lie told by Satan that knowledge would make you like a god. But inherent in the Mysteries and this quest to become more intellectual and angelic is a fundamental racist concept that Caucasians are the end result of evolution, the most advanced form in the evolutionary chain. That comes from the father of evolution theory, Charles Darwin himself in the concept of the "Origin of the Species." So evolution becomes suspect because it facilitates concepts of Eurocentrism/supremacy, and that concept, in turn, is directly related to Mithraism and "the Mysteries," which promote the same concepts (i.e. the young boy killing the bull = mind over matter, white over black, etc.) So evolution suddenly cannot be fully divorced from being it's own "religious" belief system, just another self-confirming racist concept.

Credibility in this case is also lost in some of the comparisons. For instance in one, I saw a very intelligent looking young white boy, well dressed, looking every bit like Little Lord Fauntleroy with his nice hair cut and nickers representing the white species, and that was then compared to an adult, overweight Hottentot woman as contrast. But is that a true comparison?

What if you compared a Hottentot infant with a white infant? Or a Hottentot doctor with a white doctor? In that case the contrast is not so great. So racist evolutionists are not shy of using their best propaganda tools and spin-doctoring to try and drive home a weak point. Today, of course, we put on the racial blinders and lump all of mankind into one, but that certainly wasn't the position of Darwin, the father of evolution.

So motivation in the promotion of evolution becomes a factor as well, since it services so well the concepts of Mithraism and "the Mysteries" which is centered in white, Eurocentric/supremacy concepts. So as insanely stupid as the "Origin of the Species" is considered today in the light of modern science, it still was part of the mindset of the man who gave us the fundamentals of evolution theory, Charles Darwin, the evolutionist but also the racist, and perhaps Freemason.

http://www.conspiracyarchive.com/NWO/Ascendancy.htm

"This article will show that the history and background of this 'scientific dictatorship' is a conspiracy, created and micro-managed by the historical tide of Darwinism, which has its foundations in Freemasonry.

A quote:

With God's effective exile from science, man's position as imago viva Dei (created in the image of the Creator) was summarily relegated to obsolescence. Now, Freemasonry could introduce its occult doctrine of 'becoming,' the belief in man's gradual evolution towards apotheosis.

According to Mackey's Encyclopedia of Freemasonry, Erasmus Darwin, grandfather of Charles Darwin, was the first to promulgate the concept of evolution:

“Dr. Erasmus Darwin (1731 - 1802) was the first man in England to suggest those ideas which later were to be embodied in the Darwinian theory by his grandson, Charles Darwin (1809 - 1882), who wrote in 1859 Origin of Species.” (quoted in Daniel, 34)

JCanon

• JCanon
    JCanon
    That being said, you don't even need to go to evolution to effectively challenge the bible. The bible has it's own set of problems far greater than evolution.

-ithinkisee

Yes, I've heard that. But when I investigated some of these claims they turned out to be largely based upon misinformation or disinformation in one form of another. Since you think the Bible has some hurdles of its own aside from evolution, I wonder if you wouldn't mind mentioning just a couple of those issues (not involving miracles, of course, which can't be disproven just doubted). A lot of people who think the Bible has problems often misread the Bible or base that on someone misquoting it, especially when comparing the Bible to secular references. Some people don't believe the Bible because there is no videotaped evidence that Jesus ever existed. I can't compete with that. But if it's something else, perhaps you haven't heard all sides of the issue. I'd be glad to start a new thread on this if you wish!

JCanon

• heathen
    heathen

Just ear marking the thread . From what I've seen so far is he does make some points but then sounds stupid about some stuff . I notice he picks on science for saying we did come from rocks but the bible said God created all life from the dust of the ground so I think rock was around before dirt anyway. He also said that dinosaurs died during the flood ---- stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!

• whereami
    whereami

This is an interesting video http://www.tv-links.co.uk/show.do/9/5566. Is this guy for real or is he completly off his rocker? Alan F. have you seen this, what say you?

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I got about two paragraphs in and had to go throw up.

Do you know what a myth is? The bible story of creation could be classified as myth. So could the movie Young Guns II. whether or not you believe evolution is true, it cannot be classified as myth.

• heathen
    heathen

Once again I've broken out my websters and myth means-- legendary narrative that presents part of the beliefs of a people or explains a practice or natural phenomena. I think he's covered under that definition. Science has found plenty of evidence of alot of strange phenomena that they in turn created a theory (unproven hypothesis) about the fossils they discovered. I cut him some slack on that , but clearly he is a fundy and comes off sounding stupid when he says the earth is only 6 thousand years old .

• AlanF
    AlanF

whereami said of Kent Hovind:

: Is this guy for real or is he completly off his rocker?

Both. Hovind, as do most YECs, presents a caricature of science, and proceeds to knock down this straw man. Do some looking around for critical reviews of Hovind's claims, and you'll see what I mean.

To illustrate what kind of nutjob Hovind is, one report said ( http://www.religionnewsblog.com/15261/kent-hovind-evangelist-arrested-on-federal-charges ):

Kent Hovind, who often calls himself “Dr. Dino,” has been sparring with the IRS for at least 17 years on his claims that he is employed by God, receives no income, has no expenses and owns no property.

Hovind was arrested in 2006 on tax-evasion and related charges, and "is currently serving a ten-year term in Federal Correctional Institution, Edgefield in Edgefield, South Carolina for 58 tax offenses, obstructing federal agents and related charges." ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kent_Hovind )

In the same way that Hovind has been convicted in court of criminal dishonesty with respect to taxes and so forth, even a brief analysis of his criticisms of evolution will convict him of gross scholastic dishonesty. How he does these things in the name of God is beyond me, but I'm afraid is symptomatic of the Fundamentalist mindset.

AlanF

• AlanF
    AlanF

Heathen wrote:

: myth means-- legendary narrative that presents part of the beliefs of a people or explains a practice or natural phenomena. I think he's covered under that definition.

Nonsense. Evolution by natural selection is science, period.

: Science has found plenty of evidence of alot of strange phenomena that they in turn created a theory (unproven hypothesis) about the fossils they discovered.

Yes, indeed. The theory of gravitation is an unproven hypothesis.

: I cut him some slack on that , but clearly he is a fundy and comes off sounding stupid when he says the earth is only 6 thousand years old .

You got that right.

AlanF

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit