Judicial committee meeting taped

by Dagney 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Dagney
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I managed to listen to about half of this.

As pathetic as my BOE are in matters of shepherding, these guys are much worse.
    They don't try to convince the members on trial of their viewpoint. They don't have
    any fire or desparation or concern in their voices. They are washing their hands of
    these two.

They said something like "We aren't here to defend the WTS, but to determine if
    you want to continue to be members of the organization."
    They let the accused say that WTS is covering up deception and their rebuttal is
    to feed him instead of defend the organization. "You mean like 1975?" then another
    elder says "They apologized for 1975, they never did SAY that Armageddon was
    coming by 1976." That other elder offered the most fire I heard and it wasn't much.

• kitten whiskers
    kitten whiskers

I only had time to listen to about 7 minutes, but yea for them! He easily refuted the elders statements and you can hear the elders lack of reasoning outside of the watchtower box.

What presumptuos men they are. It is sickening to think I used to swallow that line of reasoning and think witnesses were so superior. Visiting other churches has really opened my eyes to the lies they believe about themselves being so unique and special to God.

• Mum
    Mum

As I write, I am still listening to the tape. I agree with the other posters. Those men are pathetic. You and LaVerne gave them lots to think about. If they have any integrity, they will have trouble sleeping and living with themselves after this.

Good going!

SandraC

• deaconbluez
    deaconbluez

How sad it is when a cult has somebody so blinded and so detached from reality...that they don't even understand the difference between Christian apostasy and Organizational apostasy.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

I listened to the whole thing !!!!

All I can say is WOW!

nj

• FadingAway
    FadingAway

I listened to this a while back. I had the same impression as OTWO, there wasn't a concerted effort by the elders to win them back to the fold.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Shhhh...trying to listen to this at work.

But these two did just a wonderful job in their defense.

The sad BOE just don't know what to do...funny..."we're not here to defend the WBTS"...okaaayyy...

I'm here in SoCal...would love to meet these guys.

• rolling rock
    rolling rock

Holy sh!t.

That was like watching a tran wreck. They ran them over.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit