Would You Now Consider Yourself "Normal" Since You're "Out"?

by minimus 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Mariusuk.
    Mariusuk.

Am I a well adjusted, tax paying, law abiding member of secular society? - Yes

I am totally normal

*apart from my hidden super powers*

• BCberean
    BCberean

hmmmm.....hidden super powers.....does that include the ability to spell mediochrissy???

If so...please enlighten me...

• Billzfan23
    Billzfan23

Since my kids are rebelling against the JW's now, and my girlfriend is a 24 y/o Florida State grad and is "worldly as can be" - I would say I am pretty normal...haha...

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

"Normal" in the Thesaurus

Synonyms: all there *, compos mentis *, cool*, healthy, lucid, reasonable, right, right-minded, sane, sound, together, well-adjusted, whole, wholesome
    Antonyms: insane, irrational

Well, I am a lot more normal than when I used to spend my Saturday mornings knocking peoples doors with Mags that told them they would die unless they worshipped in my religion

Still, I find it hard to consider myself as one of the comunity, I am still am outsider looking in on the world , getting along with 'them' as though I do not really belong. Only on here can I really speak naturally.

• minimus
    minimus

BB......you're one of the most "normal" here.

• caligirl
    caligirl

Normal? What is that? Every last one of us is a whack-job to someone, it just depends on who you ask! As for growing up as a witness affecting me, yes it does, but I think I've done an ok job at assimilating into the "real world."

• TheCoolerKing
    TheCoolerKing
    As "normal" as anyone ever is. Having been raised a JW, it is a part of me and always will be.

I have to echo what Daystar said. I too was born into and raised as a JW. It's tough to "wipe out" 23 years of my life!

But I did manage to move on and I suppose that I can be considered somewhat normal...LOL But most importantly, I live my life by my own rules now, and not those sent down from a bunch of old guys in Brooklyn!!!

TCK

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit