I Can't Believe it! I got DF'ed!

by RollerDave 13 Replies latest jw friends

• moshe
    moshe

To use the shunning trump card is the JW's way of dispalying their power over you. Sorry this had to happen to you.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Yup, yup, yup (a western Canadian saying). Tofu is deep in Cognitive Dissonance. He can't admit that he was a darn fool to marry HH, so he makes excuses for her and blames everyone and everything else. His whole house of cards will fall in before he will notice he's got nothing left but a shrew.

How do you deal with someone so deeply dissonant? Make peace with their object of worship. Find opportunities to get away from their dysfunction and remind Tofu of the creamy goodness that made him so fun to be around. Reward him for allowing his genuine personality to shine through.

I have a great Tofu puff recipe that includes a little boiling followed by a brief dip in hot oil. Yum.

• AllAlongTheWatchtower
    AllAlongTheWatchtower

My condolences on your tough day and generally screwy situation, which you manage to relate in an entertaining way (yes, I've been following along).

RE the missing coolant: How's the heat working in your van? Silly question in the middle of summer, I know, but I once owned a Chevy Beretta that made coolant vanish like David Copperfield was driving. It turned out to be a bad heater core. Check your passenger side carpeting and floorboard area for dampness of any kind. Apologies if you know about this possibility already and I seem condensending.

• RollerDave
    RollerDave

jgnat: Boiling followed by a dip in hot oil! ROFLMAO! That's great, I love it! It's too bad I can't make peace with HH any more that a rabbit can make peace with a wolf. It would require groveling and 'admitting' she is 'right', and since what she originally made up about me could be legally actionable, and she so obviously WANTS to hate me, I see no benefit to Matilda in tossing myself into a wood-chipper.

AAWT: Good suggestion, I should have thought of it before, I'll check. They are going to do a coolant flush/change/pressure test, and a engine compression test. Thank you for the suggestion, encouragement, and kind words.

Roller

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit