CORRECT WORD USAGE

by snowbird 37 Replies latest social entertainment

• snowbird
    snowbird

bttt

• Gopher
    Gopher

Here's a 12-point test about correct word usage:

1. We used to believe all religions accept / except Jehovah's Witnesses were part of Babylon the Great.

2. Leaving the organization has had a sobering affect / effect upon each one of us.

3. When a JW, we were under the false allusion / illusion that the organization had a special insight on spirituality.

4. The judicial committees always tried to elicit / illicit embarassing details from an alleged wrongdoer.

5. Most Witnesses believe that it is a Bible principal / principle that leads them to refuse blood transfusions.

6. I was so tired after a long day in the ministry I had to lie / lay down.

7. I saw two young boys which / who were running in the Kingdom Hall parking lot.

8. As a JW, you're not suppose / supposed to salute the flag.

9. We use / used to faithfully attend Watchtower sales meetings (a.k.a. Service Meetings).

10. I saw the gossipy sister coming toward / towards me, and ran!

11. I wonder who really applies the Family book anyway / anyways.

12. I could / couldn't care less that I am being shunned by my Witness relatives.

• snowbird
    snowbird

except, effect, illusion, elicit, principle, lie, who, supposed, used, toward, anyway, couldn't

• White Dove
    White Dove

Fools Directing Sh!t

• snowbird
    snowbird

I didn't number them because I wanted to trump SandraC

Snowbird

• White Dove
    White Dove

Fool Directing Snakes

• White Dove
    White Dove

If you say, "I could care less..." that would mean that you aren't caring as less as maybe you could be caring.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Snowbird, I knew you'd be able to get all 12.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Snowbird, I knew you'd be able to get all 12.

Snowbird

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Here's a 12-point test about correct word usage:

1. We used to believe all religions accept / exceptJehovah's Witnesses were part of Babylon the Great.

2. Leaving the organization has had a sobering affect / effect upon each one of us.

3. When a JW, we were under the false allusion / illusion that the organization had a special insight on spirituality.

4. The judicial committees always tried to elicit / illicit embarassing details from an alleged wrongdoer.

5. Most Witnesses believe that it is a Bible principal / principle that leads them to refuse blood transfusions.

6. I was so tired after a long day in the ministry I had to lie / lay down.

7. I saw two young boys which / whowere running in the Kingdom Hall parking lot.

8. As a JW, you're not suppose / supposed to salute the flag.

9. We use / used to faithfully attend Watchtower sales meetings (a.k.a. Service Meetings).

10. I saw the gossipy sister coming toward / towards me, and ran![ However, I believe both to be acceptable]

11. I wonder who really applies the Family book anyway / anyways.

12. I could / couldn'tcare less that I am being shunned by my Witness relatives.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit