Former Jehovah’s Witness—Are Hypocrites

by The wanderer 47 Replies latest jw friends

• prophecor
    prophecor

Walk a mile in my shoes and then tell me how much of a hypocrite I am

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

His is an illogical line of argumentation.

While Jw's we did annoy people at their homes. True.

After leaving, some of us have had major emotional issues with having to part company with those whom we loved as Jw's. Also true.

But totally disconnected - and in no way implying hypocricy. I did not act as a hypocrite while a Jw. And it has nothing to do with hypocricy to say one misses family and friends now that I am not a Jw.

It's not even an argument - it is irrelated facts. Likely this was not a 'worldy man', as his arguments smack of Watchtower-think and false premise to me.

Jeff

• under_believer
    under_believer

I'd say: "My parents made my bed, asshole. Now I have to lie in it."

• MadTiger
    MadTiger

"who isn't a hypocrite."

It's one thing to say one thing and then do another (on a small level), which EVERYONE is guilty of doing at some point in their life. But it is an entirely different concept to continually live your life in a hypocritical manner.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Now these same people come on the discussion board wanting hand
    held sympathy crying about how they lost their friends and family’s to
    their precious Watchtower Society.

If you don't like the posts on the website... then why do you keep going back to read more?

• golf2
    golf2

1. I never wore a 3 piece suit.

2. I don't sing the blues.

3. I never told anyone they would die at Armageddon, if, they don't become a JW

4. I met many nice people and they welcomed me in their homes while in the ministry. No one ever said I was a nuisance.

5. I never cried on forums of this nature or ask for sympathy.

6. I talk to former witnesses with no problems, still do. They even ask about me.

7. I got what I deserve, FREEDOM !!!

8. I enjoy relaxing and laying in my bed !

Question, who made you judge and jury?

Golf

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

Worldly Man, judge not, lest ye be judged.

Is lacking compassion better than being a hypocrite?

• gymbob
    gymbob

I agree with Golf. Plus, the religion was chosen for me at birth, then I chose not to be a part of it. If my family and former friends don't want to have anything to do with me, well, that's their loss! Gymbob

• Who are you?
    Who are you?

A worldly man wouldn't write that.....a current JW would ...its a completely JW mindset

A worldly man would think that they were hypocrites while they are JW's.....

A worldy man also wouldn't trivialize the family breakups and adjustments to a new life afterwards....most worldly people would

have a hard time believing that shunning even exists, the idea behind it is insane...and certainly wouldn't pile on when they finally come back to

earth. If you are married to one and fought with her JW ideas on rearing children for 25 years, then you appreciate not having to deal with all

the drama once she finally starts thinking on her own , but revenge? Nah. You can't get back those years. You welcome the person into the

real world. I admire the people on this board for getting to the point that they have.

I'm struggling to see where this hypothesis came from. Did someone go off on you Richard?

A worldly man

• changeling
    changeling

"who are you?" read my mind. No "wordly person" would think that. They haven't a clue what we went through as witnesses and even less what we go through when we leave. The few wordly people I've told at work have said: "Good for you, JW's are crazy!" They are happy for me.

changeling

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit