Another 'Letter to the Editor' published.... hoorah!

by AK - Jeff 46 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• unique1
    unique1

All the ones I sent were anonymous, but none have been printed yet.

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Great Jeff!

Randy

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

My paper doesn't print anonymous letters, nor letters out of the general, immediate area of publication.

S4

• erandir
    erandir

Well...tell ya what, if I get DF'd or end up DA'ing in the next few weeks (neither of which I expect to happen), I'll post it, and I don't care who sees my name.

• avengers
    avengers

Good job dude!

Got a question though. ??

those who must remain silent.

Why must "those" remain silent? Is it because they got money? or because they promised? or what?

please elaborate.

truly yours:

"a silent lamb no more"

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    I was watching the news the other day with my still-sorta-loyal-jw wife when they discussed the $660 mil Catholic church settlement and considered mentioning the WT settlement. I didn't but an article like this would definitely help such a conversation. Thanks Jeff Skeptic1914

been holding top rank for 5 days http://pr-gb.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3410&Itemid=9 Jehovah's Witnesses Pedophile Crisis
    PR-GB.com (press release), Bulgaria - Jul 26, 2007
    As thousands attend the ‘Follow the Christ’ District Convention of Jehovah’s Witnesses, thousands of sexual abuse survivors from the same religion are ...
  • stevenyc
    stevenyc

avengers asked: "Why must "those" remain silent? Is it because they got money? or because they promised? or what?"

Avengers, the court order the Watchtower defendants to provide all their documents regarding how they handled these abuse cases. (this is sometimes referred to here as 'the secret database'). The Watchtower appealed against this, and lost its appeal. So, instead of acquiescing to the court, the Watchtower felt it in their best interests to pay the victims in an out of court settlement. One of the requirements in Watchtower insisted upon regarding these settlements was that the victims cannot divulge any information regarding the case, or the settlement.

steve

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit