Another 'Letter to the Editor' published.... hoorah!

by AK - Jeff 46 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• greendawn
    greendawn

That's a very informative letter written in a firm but non fanatical tone that could make readers see it as inspired by blind enmity.

In fact the JWs never think of themselves as a christian church but as the rather judaic sounding organisation of jehovah. Their connection with Christ is minimal and inauthentic.

One wonders what will happen to people like B Anderson and Bowen, if the FDS is to be believed God is very angry with them and will soon execute them at Armageddon. One wonders if wanting to protect children from abuse is a capital crime to jehovah.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Up at TOPIX

Other religion guilty of abusecomment Yesterday | KPC Media Group, Inc.

... million to compensate victims of sexual abuse. Not many months back, a lesser known evangelical group, Jehovah's Witnesses , also paid a settlement to 16 unnamed alleged victims of sexual abuse within the religion. The longtime alleged coverup of ... 5 comments

You got rank on the google news wire Other religion guilty of abuse comment
    fwdailynews.com (subscription), IN - 11 hours ago
    Not many months back, a lesser known evangelical group, Jehovah’s Witnesses, also paid a settlement to 16 unnamed alleged victims of sexual abuse within the ...
    Other religion guilty of abuse
    KPCnews.com, IN - 11 hours ago
    Not many months back, a lesser known evangelical group, Jehovah’s Witnesses, also paid a settlement to 16 unnamed alleged victims of sexual abuse within the ...

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Thanx for that info Danny. It shows that my letter was also posted on the Fort Wayne Newspapers website - and that I did not know or expect. I don't think it is in the paper edition there however, as I read that this morning and didn't see it.

I get the 'google alerts' but hadn't seen this yet.

I hope a lot of Jw's get them too. Otherwise how would they keep up with the Watchtower lies?

Jeff

• Open mind
    Open mind
    I just hope I don't wake to a burning cross stake in my yard.

LOL @ Jeff. (As long as that doesn't REALLY happen.)

Open Mind

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev

Oswald wrote on Jul 26, 2007 1:36 PM: " I think I remember reading a similar article here not too long ago, infact, by the same author. Can you say hidden agenda? If you wanted to get the facts on the American people, would you go Iraq and ask the people there? Of course not! That being said, if you want to know about Jehovah's Witnesses, go to them. www.watchtower.org "

Nope, no hidden agenda here. I think you were pretty clear, it's called exposing hypocrisy!

Great job Jeff!

• erandir
    erandir

Awesome! A very noble thing of you to do! I would love to send something like that to my local paper, but I couldn't sign it with my name because I'm still a bit afraid of the consequences (I wouldn't want to embarrass my wife who still attends). I don't know if posting it anonymously would be as credible. What do you think?

• Dragonlady76
  • AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    I don't know if posting it anonymously would be as credible. What do you think?

My local papers insist on posting the name of the writer. Some might allow anon letters - of that I do not know. Perhaps select a paper 500 miles away, and ask them to contact you when it runs? Then wife has no idea, but contribution is made. Just a thought.

Jeff

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

AK-Jeff: Excellent job Jeff! Keep up the good work! Cheers! Atlantis!

• skeptic1914
    skeptic1914

I was watching the news the other day with my still-sorta-loyal-jw wife when they discussed the $660 mil Catholic church settlement and considered mentioning the WT settlement. I didn't but an article like this would definitely help such a conversation. Thanks Jeff

Skeptic1914

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit