How to tape secretly?

by OhHappyDay 18 Replies latest jw friends

• OhHappyDay
    OhHappyDay

Please answer me in private:
    I do need to taoe a meeting secretly. Wich kind of equipment do you suggest??
    Tis is Urgent!!!

• bboyneko
    bboyneko

Just hide a mini tape recorder in the pocket of a jacket or purse or whatnot, even if you hang up your jacket as long as it is in the same room yuou should be able to record it..make sure there are no lawas against concealed survelience/wiretapping etc in your area of the world. In the state of Maryland it is illegal to record someones phone conversation without them knowing.

-Dan

• julien
    julien

The Panasonic RR-QR240 : 2" by 3.5" by 7/16" .. no tapes, all electronic.. completely silent. Can record maybe an hour at very high quality. A little pricey though.

• Bridgette
    Bridgette

I tape meetings all the time (with the attendees knowledge). Make sure that your tape is LONG, or the meeting short. Also, make sure your recorder is quiet when it turns off if the tape runs out.
    B-Boy makes a good point. Make sure it's legal. Don't get into any trouble.
    Good luck,
    B.
    p.s. good idea, Julien. You might just visit a radio shack, if you have any of those around and discreetly ask about quiet taping devices.

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

Hopefully you've weighed out the pros and cons of even attending your meeting at all. There is rarely any benefit to ever doing so.

Personally, I don't find it very ethical for one party to secretly tape something. Unfortunately they will not agree to having it taped either, or for an independant witness, so taping a meeting is a good way to protect yourself.

Digital recorders that record on a chip are nice because there are no moving parts, so no noise. They also make downloading to a computer easier. Mini Disc recorders are very small.

You just want to make sure if you use tapes that the motor is quiet and if it gets to the end of the tape, the stop mechanism is also quiet.

Arranging the meeting in your home allows for more possibilities than one at a KH or someone else's home. Also, getting caught taping a meeting would also suck..lol

• Simon
    Simon

I can recommend taking two small tape recorders - in different positions (eg. pocket and bag) they pick up different things and you always have a backup if one is found.

• ladonna
    ladonna

Bboy is correct, and Simon has excellent advice....strange to discover how sneaky he is!!!

Ana

"He to whom emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."
    A.Eienstein.

• one
    one

It can be done easily and "legally"

• Tanalyst
    Tanalyst

www.spybase.com -800-570-5562

www.microcameras.com - 1-800-221-3832

these guys advertise on back of Popular Science

• Kent
    Kent

You're bad! The Watchtower don't allow this! Just see what they wrote in a CONFIDENTIAL letter to Bodies of Elders of Juli 1. 1989:

A. Judicial Committee Matters
    Judicial committees must follow carefully the Society's instructions in carrying out their duties. (Note k07.
    pages 66-70; ks81 pages 160-70.) Anything submitted in writing to the committee by the alleged wrongdoer or
    by witnesses should be kept in strict confidence. If it is necessary to continue at a later time a committee
    hearing. the members of the committee should submit to the chairman any personal notes they have taken. The
    chairman will keep these notes in a secure place to prevent breaches of confidentiality. The notes may be
    returned to the individual elders when the hearing resumes. Upon conclusion of the case. the chairman should
    place only necessary notes and documents, a summary of the case, and the S-77 forms in a sealed envelope for
    the congregation file. Nothing should be preserved outside of this sealed envelope (including unnecessary
    personal notes) by any elder on the committee. Obviously, no committee will ever allow judicial proceedings to
    be tape recorded or allow witnesses testifying before the committee to take notes.

Yakki Da

Kent

I need more BOE letters, KMs and other material. Those who can send it to me - please do! The new section will be interesting!!

Daily News On The Watchtower and the Jehovah's Witnesses:
    http://watchtower.observer.org

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit