What Did You Hide From Others While You Were A Witness?

by minimus 35 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I see that some here were actually "in the closet" while they were Witnesses.

Some kids practiced "fornication" regularly but the only ones who knew anything about it were other youths that would never tell about the secrets.

Some marriages were simply horrible. But no one would've ever had a clue.

Was there anything that you ever concealed from the elders or other Witnesses that would've gotten you in trouble?

• blondie
    blondie

Nothing they were entitled to know...................

• minimus
    minimus

So you never lied, Blondie.

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

Calling it hiding would be an understatement!

• free2think
    free2think

I hid the person i really was, because i thoght they wouldn't approve of the real me.

• minimus
    minimus

I felt bad when young brothers would approach an elder and confess to him that he "had a problem masturbating". I never understood what the problem was.

• deaconbluez
    deaconbluez

I hid my screwed up sense of humor, and I hid my true feelings on the many different points that prove Jehovah's Witnesses to be just another organized religion ran by a group of men in New York.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I hid that I knew minimus from JWD.

• minimus
    minimus

Regarding my humor, it too is no longer hidden (as you can see daily).

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

A crappy attitude. I would hope for the assemblies to get cancelled for snow. I hoped for the meetings to get cancelled, too. I would hope no one shows up for service. When I went to a door and it was my turn to talk, I hoped that the person would be another "Not Interested!" or not at home. I hoped for a long call to be not at home, and for them to take all day to find the street when I knew where it was. I liked one day when I found a bee's nest in one of the trees near the Kingdumb Hell entrance (so that the people would get stung and driven away from the meetings). I liked it when the meeting attendance would dip into the 40s, and I hoped for it to drop into the 30s and even the 20s. When the sound system would mess up--I was hoping that the Kingdumb S*** tape would get eaten.

Oh yes, and all those rap CDs I started amassing in mid 1999. Starting in 1998, I gained back music I had to throw away for the Tower. I started including rap and dirty R&B from the 1990-1995 period in 1999, and current rap and dirty R&B in 2001. Much of it glorifies sex, violence, and drugs and is full of swearing. I bet the hounders would have had a stroke if they were to go through all my music now. Remember, they wanted me to get rid of all of it and replace it with Kingdumb S*** when I came in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit