200 Motels

by JK666 6 Replies latest jw friends

• JK666
    JK666

Hi all,

This is my 200th post. Since my avatar is Frank Zappa, I thought I would title this post appropriately.

Thank you to everyone here on JWD.

JK

• JK666
    JK666

Well, this thread seems to be an "Icky Thump" death. I actually saw 200 Motels at a theater when in High School. No elder had a clue about entertainment at that time. I just loved Zappa's guitar and total irreverence to authority. R&R got me through my teen years.

JK

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

never heard of it, have heard of Frank Zappa

trying to look at clips on Youtube but I can't...I think it's cuz of the debate

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I saw it in a theater also during my school years. Frank was my favorite musician, artist. We have a group down here in Florida called Bogus Pomp http://www.boguspomp.com/aboutBP.html

There are like watching Frank. Often have alumni from franks band guest, Ike Willis, Napoleaon Murpy Brock. Jerry Outlaw works out at the same gym as I do. If you love Frank you need to catch Bogus Pomp.

Plan a trip to St. Petersburgh Florida, the State theater at halloween time. For Zappaween.

• JK666
    JK666

No s$!t JB,

I was bummed about missing Zappa playsZappa last night in Indy. Had other obligations, what a biotch!

I would like that in SP. A good excuse for coming to FL.

JK

• JK666
    JK666

Foes Ruth Underwood ever show up? Her Xylophone was the best!

JK

• horrible life
    horrible life

Just not the topic I thought it was. Never heard of this movie, but you can be sure I will find out what it is. Congrats on 200!!!!

I would have easily thought it meant:

200 motels, that JW's have reserved in your town

200 motels, that you passed on vacation.

200 motels that you have made love to your woman in

200 motels that you called that wouldn't take your pet hippo

200 motels that are better than staying at the Bates motel

200 motels that.....................................................

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit