Dreams of KH, Assemblies, etc.

by monophonic 13 Replies latest jw friends

• monophonic
    monophonic

So, I attend more meetings than most jws with all the dreams I continue to have regarding the meetings and assemblies.

Usually the dreams aren't nightmares, but I'm supposed to give a talk and I'm given what I'm supposed to say and I tell the brothers there's no way I'm getting up there and giving the talk unless I can go off the outline.

Most of the time, the dreams bleed into other areas of my life, like last night I was at the assembly and I saw this supposed life-long 'friend'...

[true backstory] who it turns out was spreading malicious rumors even while i was still 'in' b/c it turns out she loved me and i never thought of her more than a friend who i couldn't talk about music or movies w/ b/c she was completely self righteous on that... she even tried to break up my wife and i before we got married, found out later, yes, the truth does get brighter as time goes on. ;)

she showed up in my dream though and was trying to apologize and i ignored her...then...

....before the assembly started, the Red Hot Chili Peppers had to do a set. It always cracks me up when I awake, but when i'm in the dream i'm like, 'why the heck am i at an assembly', and the band starts tuning up onstage, and i think, 'why is the society booking bands, ah, who cares?' and i run to the front of the stage as i'm usually the only person dancing in the dream while everyone stays in their seats and the Chili Peppers, or Nick Cave or whoever busts out their sets.

Also, last night I dreamt Anthony Keidis came up to me and said 'i used to be in this shit', and pointed around the assembly and i told him i've been going to therapy to deal with it and he said, 'maybe you should start a band'.

90% of my dreams of KH or assemblies always turn out great b/c it usually involves some type of subconscious concert i get to attend and i'm the only one who cares about it.

10% are more 'wtf?' rather than guilt induced.

sidenote: in the red hot chili peppers set of my unconscious they did a cover of 'gimme some money' by spinal tap. \m/

sidenote 2: i wonder if last night anthony keidis dreamt he was playing some religious event and thinking of firing his tour manager when only one guy at the show was dancing?

• flipper
    flipper

Mono- I never knew there exsisted another human being with crazier dreams than me! Jeez! Get me some of what your smokin'! Peace out,Mr. Flipper

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

Yes, same weird dreams here. And I get the same attitude. Why am I here? And I wind up arguing with my family about why it's not the "true religion." And sometimes I realize that I'm in my underpants, and I can't figure out how I got to the KH in just my tighty whities. (Yes, I sleep in briefs.)

Dave

• Gopher
    Gopher

Here's what's weird about my Kingdom Hall or ministry dreams -- every JW in the dream is acting normal to me even though they know I'm disfellowshipped. I wonder why they are talking to me.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

That has got to take the cake for the worst dreams of all time. Usually I get tricked into heading to a meeting or a$$embly and cannot do anything about it by the time I realize what's going on. Or I find myself at a meeting or a$$embly and try to find the way out, but the hounders are coming in and I cannot get out of the place without getting caught and carted right back into the place (once I dreampt that I was operating the sound system from a remote location, and I put in a dirty song that ran more than 7 minutes when they were about to start the meeting, and then walked out while the hounders were all tied up with the commotion.

I have also had dreams about being assigned a talk. Of course, I was not prepared for it. And not just that I didn't study the material ahead. I didn't want to do it. Often the Kingdumb Hell more resembled a classroom or the seats were facing the rear of the building. And, not once did I figure out how I got there: presumably something stupid I did or that I wanted to do something in the Hell and waited too long to get out of there.

Then there were those dreams where I was at the 3-day a$$embly. Frequently, those turn out where I spend more time wandering around the stage area than anything, even using the walls or ceiling trusses as a highway from one part of the arena to another. Of course, I didn't have my material--no Bible, no nothing. Occasionally, the program would divert to some school theme, or even a church. As usual, I have no idea how I got there.

The worst was having a dream where I was at a 3-day a$$embly. I got in the first day, and there was a little boy with some disease that I didn't want. I knew instinctively that I had to get the &$*# out of there at once, and headed to the western part of the town, and then farther away from the place. Good thing the hounders weren't there at that time. (Maybe that "little boy" was a mirror image of Ted Jaracz?)

• justhuman
    justhuman

I'm dreaming that I'm having sex in the middle of the assemblie with 2 hot sisters that I used to like...does it mean anything?

• eclipse
    eclipse

I used to dream about being at a convention or the kingdom hall, and usually I am singing a national anthem like Star Spangled Banner, LOL, instead of the kingdumb song....

but I haven't dreamt about being at a meeting or convention in a long time, I think I finally have gotten it out of my system,

my memories of the hall, of service, are fading faster and faster....it feels good to let it all go.

• FlipThis
    FlipThis

I've been having the same problem.

Dreams of assemblies, dreams of friends I grew up with, etc.

I've been out for about 17 years, and just in the past week or three these dreams popped up...

dreams of my ex-wife as well (eewww).

• poppers
    poppers

Welcome to the board, FlipThis.

• Twitch
    Twitch
    sidenote 2: i wonder if last night anthony keidis dreamt he was playing some religious event and thinking of firing his tour manager when only one guy at the show was dancing?

LMAO

You mean other than Flea?

Funky dreams, btw. Sounds like the "world" has slowly but surely crept it's way into your "world" and you're breaking away from what you're supposed to say and do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit