Good Kharma? Bad Kharma?

by bboyneko 25 Replies latest jw friends

• bboyneko
    bboyneko

I found some ladies purse at the local shopping mall parking lot tonight, it had her entire life in it, her social security card, her cell phone, her cash, her credit cards, even her daughters social security card.

From looking through the contents, me and saffron were able to find out many things about her:

1)She had recently moved from way out in the country to columbia Maryland..

2)She was probably divorced from a man of middle eastern origens

3)She was white

4) Her job in columbia was at the columbia assosiation, a neighborhood gestapo that controls everything here in columbia :)

5) She has season passes to amusement parks, a sign she is trying to spil her daughter of whom she probably feels guilty for having put through a divorce

6) She is very neat and tidy

7) She cares about her kid and is a member of the local parents teachers association

I had a hard time finding her phone..this is the third lost wallet ive found this year..and the hardest thing to find is a phone number..you dont realize how few people have their own number in their wallet...

anywayez...i find her number in an old dry cleaneing receipt..I call her and she is very happy and i give her back her purse and everything..i could have easily stolen the cash in her wallet and given it back saying 'thats how i found it' She hugged me and said 'god bless you' and her daughter was very happy.

My point: If there is no god, will I be rewarded in good kharma? Will I get reincarnated now as a eagle instead of an intestinal parasite? What reward do we get as humans for doing good?

My real point: Why didnt she give me some sort of reward???? Last time I lost my wallet in a taxi cab and the taxi driver found me the next day and gave it back..i gave him $50 for his trouble and as a sign of my appreciation. This lady gave me a hug ...booo

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

Maybe she's poor. You insensitive whore bastard.

• bboyneko
    bboyneko
    Maybe she's poor. You insensitive whore bastard.

She sure didnt seem it from the contents in her wallet..platinum visa card and all... I think she was just stingy :)

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Maybe your generosity will make her think of her stingienes,and she will be kind to someone less fortunate than you!You may have helped her on her path,good for you!

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

Or maybe she'll think to herself that her cheap assed ways have payed off once again! You're responsible for everyone she ever screws again!

• larc
    larc

bboy,

Credit cards does not a rich person make. Once a letter came to my house that was meant for another home. I didn't notice this and opened it. It was a credit card statement. The person had a debt on the card of 24,000 at 18% interest.

• Scorpion
    Scorpion

Whether she was poor or rich or in between, you did the right thing bboyneko. You showed good character. A trait missing in many today.

• Sirona
    Sirona

Hi

On the subject of Karma, there are some who believe that it returns to you sooner rather than later, in this lifetime. Some believe that we only reincarnate as human (various psychics and people under past life regression therapy consistently describe only human lives). I think its the Hindus who say you can reincarnate as a lower animal.

I think its wrong of you to expect a reward, since you dont really know she has lots of money. Plus, what ever happened to doing something out of the goodness of your heart, not expecting a reward?

Sirona

• mommy
    mommy

BBoy
    Good for you! I went to the bank once, and there was a new teller working. This is a true story, and it is so amazing! I had 2 paychecks, my husbands and mine. I wanted to deposit his and deposit part of mine, and get some cash back. When she gave me the envolope back, she had deposited both in full, and also given me the entire amount of cash back. Man I wanted to take it. But I gave it back to her and she didn't even thank me for my honesty!

So she spends 10 more minutes playing around and then sends me two envolopes this time, and tells me to "Have a nice day!" Of course she did the exact same thing but she just put them each in their own envolope. Again, I sent the envolopes back and told her I was giving her one more chance then I was not responsible for my actions...lol

She actually rolled her eyes at me, and took another 10 minutes(or it seemed that long) and this time she finally got it right! Not one word from her, thanking me for telling her about it. I was shocked! I thought lady I probably just saved you your job. But somewhere I think payment comes back to you.

I have always thought that. If you try to do right, and give of yourself without looking for a reward, then good comes back to you. It always appears that those who cheat people though, always come out better financially in the end. But they have to live with themselves knowing they cheated someone, and they know how they will be viewed if others see their heart. I have no part of my life I wouldn't share with others, and nothing I am ashamed of. Perhaps that is your reward, being able to look in the mirror
    wendy

Blind faith can justify anything.~Richard Dawkins

• Stash Daytripper
    Stash Daytripper

Returning the purse=Good Kharma. EXPECTING a reward.. VERY bad kharma.

Kharma very much exists. But not in a metaphysical or mystic manner.

Watch the movie "Pay it Forward". This is a fine example of kharma at work.

I'll use your situation as an example:

When you returned her purse.. you did in fact.. change her life for the positive in many ways. The obvious being she didn't have to spend the time to renew her DL or CC's. Less obvious is the fact that you just renewed her faith in people being honest. Even if this feeling only lasts a few minutes.. She will remember it.
    From this, a series of events unfold. Changes YOU made by returning the purse. This is Good or POSITIVE kharma.

You expecting a reward just negated all of that. Since youre whole objective was to obtain a reward .. you might of well just taken the money from her purse. The reason this is bad kharma is simply put.. NOT everyone will give you a reward other than a thank you. If, on a broader scale, everyone in the world thought this way(selfish, which the world on the whole DOES..), then it's obvious virtually NOONE would ever get there purse/wallet returned. INCLUDING your own. Why go through all the trouble of looking up where someone lives and tracking them down if you're not going to get anything material from it... heh interesting to note that this happens to you alot.. perhaps you haven't learned your lesson. Kharma is funny that way.

Kharma simply put is Cause and effect.

Peace,
    Stash

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit