Underground Lurker....Coming up for air.....

by Bourne 23 Replies latest jw friends

• eclipse
    eclipse

Welcome Bourne

I look forward to reading more of your eloquent posts

• changeling
    changeling

Welcome Bourne! I hope everything works out for you.

changeling

• Bourne
    Bourne

To R.F., greendawn, loosie, seeker4, snowbird, Anony-Mouse, SB, PopeOfEruke, Highlander, eclipse, changling,

Thank you all for your kind comments. I hope that I can return them all to each of you. I'll try to post more as time moves along. Thanx again.

Bourne

• codeblue
    codeblue

Welcome

Keep posting.....

Codeblue

• Twitch
    Twitch

Welcome

• Purza
    Purza

Welcome Bourne. Glad you came up for some air.

Purza

• TheListener
    TheListener

Hi Bourne. I am glad you stopped lurking and started posting.

I liked your first post. You have insight and you are articulate.

It's tough to understand all the feelings and emotions a marital separation (eventual divorce?) may bring but I remember someone telling me that many major changes in life start with one event. Perhaps your marital problems, regardless of how they end, will be the start of many many good things for you.

Good luck.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

Hi bourne and Welcome

excellent moniker by the way. I felt your first post was one of the most articulate and well-thought out by a newbie in some time. I enjoyed the other newbie experiences I have read, but yours seemed very balanced in your mindset.

I have no agenda of pulling my family out. I respect them as I hope they respect me.

I thought this was one of the most mature statements I have read here in awhile. There are some mavericks on the board that want to do everything possible to get our families/friends out..... As much as many of us can't stand the Organization (aka the Borg), some of us love (or at least respect) Jehovah (or whatever higher intelligence is out there that gave us life, regardless of what we call it) and want to do what is right in life. It is our right to stay or leave. It is the right of our families and friends to stay or leave. (despite my postings that lend itself to my doubting the existance of a god at all, I dont really know what to think these days)

it seems that the individual feelings we have towards this religion are the result of how personally we have been affected by it

profound statement indeed....if we have been burned, especially repeatedly, then we tend to be more hostile toward the religion or those in it that caused the hurt. I have a deep love for many of my closest friend in the religion...some lifelong friends...it is my loyalty to them NOT Watchtower that keeps me at least still a bit in...barely active, barely attending...but still in good standing. I have had a burning hatred toward one or two idiots that caused 95% of the problems for me...but that is just a glowing ember now...hatred only hurts us, really, in the long run...

glad to have you with us.... stay awhile, pull up a log, we'll keep the fire burning... post more as you see fit...we have no quotas here....

SnakesInTheTower (of the "trying to stay balanced" Sheep Class)

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke
    we have no quotas here....

no quotas, that's true, but we do like an average of 10 hours posting per month...

Pope

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Welcome, Bourne.

You have a kind and gentle way about you.

Rather than see the world as a frightening or evil place, see it as a hurting child that needs your understanding and compassion.

Glad you are here.

j

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit