dogmatic statement on e-watchman

by Dr Zhivago 15 Replies latest jw friends

• steve2
    steve2

He has become his own Governing Body! King is the Cuckoo bird who lays his eggs in the other bird's nest and tries to hatch them! He is turning disaffected JW's with weak minds into drones and hijacking a premise.

Astute observations! King is simply the latest in a stretching queue of people who, hurt by the watchtower, can't see beyond it so begin to see a special role for themselves in 'righting' the rot within the Watchtower. Thus, begins another "splinter" group.

In fact, you could say that the history of most, if not all, current "official" religious groups is one of disaffection from an existing group or groups followed by a period of divine "enlightenment". Robert King is just the latest deluded self-appointed representative of "Jehovah". Possibly no more or no less deluded than Charles Russell, Judge Rutherford and Knorr and company. Whether he will achieve the "heights' (or depths?) of influence of these men, who knows? Whatever the outcome, he'll give himself one hell of a stimulating trip and suck into his grandiose orbit a bunch of individuals longing for a saviour in the flesh!

• Dr Zhivago
    Dr Zhivago

Good points, Terry.

For the record I should say, I view the e-watchman site as entertainment. You just never know what they might say over there.

Steve, in my experience, many of the animals would tolerate someone on their back until they tired of it. It still didn't equate with control.

Thanks for the comments everyone. I really didn't intend it to be a disparage Robert King thread, but he's certainly set himself up for it.

DrZ

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Well if you are going to have an opinion... you might as well be dogmatic about it. alt

• under_believer
    under_believer

King is an atypical apostate--most ex-JW's aren't like that--but he is EXACTLY the kind of apostate the Society likes to say that all apostates are like. Leaving "the Truth" and attempting to turn away others specifically for the purpose of getting his own followers.

He is pathetic.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan
    Robert King and E-watchman are a symptom of what can happen to a bright person when the rug is pulled out from under their World View.

Exactly!

• Arthur
    Arthur

Upon exiting the Watchtower, I was surprised to learn of the number of JWs who have completely rejected the Brooklyn-based organization; yet still believe whole-heartedly in it's dogma. Many of them view themselves as a sort of quasi-prophet who has been called to correct the Watchtower Society; just as Jeremiah was called to correct the nation of Israel.

In Eastern Europe, there are huge gatherings of such people. They call themselves something to the effect of "Jehovah's True Witnesses". Over here, they just call themselves Watchtower reformers. They write blogs and books that are filled with simi-apologist / semi-critical rhetoric, but essentially, they're just independently written Watchtower publications. Greg Stafford comes to mind.

Why would anyone care to reform the Watchtower Society? Would they actually go back if the organization made all of the desired cosmetic changes? As Raymond Franz put it: you can knock out and move around the internal walls of a house, but it's still the same house.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit