dogmatic statement on e-watchman

by Dr Zhivago 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Dr Zhivago
    Dr Zhivago

Over on e-watchman's forum there was a discussion about the Harlot riding the Beast of Revelation. One poster stated that because the Harlot was riding the Beast it proved she was in control of the Beast.

Now, I grew up on a farm and we had all sorts of animals. Many of them big enough to tempt a kid to try and ride. In my experience, being on the back of and being in control of an animal were not the same thing. Even with the horses, after training and with riding equipment, it was quite often debatable as to who was in control.

Regardless of what you think of the book of Revelation (or Bible), do you think it can be stated with such certainty that the Harlot is in control?

DrZ

• steve2
    steve2

Yes, because otherwise she'd be thrown off and trampled.

• Dr Zhivago
    Dr Zhivago

Steve,
    If I remember my studies of Revelation correctly, the Beast does do something rather nasty to her.

DrZ

• changeling
    changeling

And you believe stuff you read on e-watchman....????

changeling

• moshe
    moshe

Thanks to the Internet, E-Watchman's Robert King can find plenty of simpletons to buy his books and stroke his ego. Well, Joseph Smith used his book of the Mormon to gain followers and start a religion. Every generation has it's pretenders of spititual enlightenment.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I have recently engaged in a rather 'terse' set of emails with Mr King.

In query as to his proof of being the 'prophet' that Jehovah is using to 'fix' the Watchtower, he refused to reply.

Guess prophets are as prophets have always been - above question. He learned from the best.

Jeff

• steve2
    steve2
    Steve,
    If I remember my studies of Revelation correctly, the Beast does do something rather nasty to her.

DrZ

Yes, but you're jumping the gun: That hasn't happened...yet. In the meantime, the harlot is not only (successfully) riding the beast but - from my pictorial memory of Watchtower drawings - holding a glass of red wine in one of her hands. Her time will come when the Beast will turn on her...

• greendawn
    greendawn

With her feminine charms she manages to cajole and persuade the beast to let her be in control. However the beast is far more powerful than her and eventually God will inspire it to get infuriated against her throw her down and tear her apart. On that day the power of charm will prove useless. As the JWs noted, though themselves a part of Babylon the Great, the communists are the type of people that would gladly do that. The who and the how remains to be seen.

• Terry
    Terry

Robert King and E-watchman are a symptom of what can happen to a bright person when the rug is pulled out from under their World View.

King was disfellowshipped from Jehovah's Witnesses. From what I gather, it is because he wouldn't listen without argument. Rebellious attitude, in other words.

Instead of doing what comes natural:

A. Becoming humble, submitting to authority and getting re-instated

or

B. Moving on with his life by joining (or starting) another church or becoming secularized.

he does

C. Goes right on pretending that Jehovah's Witnesses are the only True Religion who just happen to be dead wrong about things which Robert King knows better!

He has become his own Governing Body! King is the Cuckoo bird who lays his eggs in the other bird's nest and tries to hatch them! He is turning disaffected JW's with weak minds into drones and hijacking a premise.

This only works with those persons who are too mentally lazy to equate doctrinal error with being WRONG entirely!

In other words, King and E-Watchman have made the Watchtower Society a little bit pregnant.

• lawrence
    lawrence

Terry-

Great points! Just like "the blues had a baby, and they named it rock and roll." More hucksters to come, book publishing is a craze.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit