Most Ex-JWs R Not Active in the Anti-JW Community. Maybe 1%? Any thoughts?

by Seeker4 70 Replies latest jw experiences

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Enron scandal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia The Enron corporate racket at it's worst defrauded pensioners of money,the Watchtower is many many times a worst offender 4 generations of my family done in

• John Doe
    John Doe

Yeah, but Danny, aren't those donations voluntary? Of course, I don't have the same perspective as you. I put very little in. ;-)

• steve2
    steve2

Contrary to Danny's hyperbolic rantings, The Watchtower Society is boringly well down the list of the most dangerous religious organizations in the world. To the world at large, it is just another cranky, unbalanced religion, neither worse, nor better than any other.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

I think most JWs who leave the organization do so because of apathy toward the organization.

The ones who become active are the ones who have antipathy, either toward the organization, or certain types of JWs, or JWs in certain positions, or some mix of these. Active distaste is much more motivating than an absence of concern.

In my case, I have antipathy toward the organization and an almost limitless supply of empathy for its victims. This does not prevent me from recognizing those individual JWs who revel in the authority they are granted and relish control over others, but there are many who are not pillars in the congregation and who are victimized by the doctrines of the religion.

All Jehovah's Witnesses are turned into false prophets by the requirement to preach the organizational dogma. They just don't know it, they've been fooled.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• greendawn
    greendawn

At least all those that leave or become inactive cease to provide anything useful to the cult and that is something very useful.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Jehovah's Witnesses resort to the same smear tactics as the scientologist to discredit whistle-blowers. Jehovah's Witnesses are a destructive abusive cult from the get-go

The Watchtower is the most destructive cult in the world when it has defrauded 4 generations of YOUR FAMILY and all of my own life from the time I was a born in 1957 No other religion on earth (on the scale of the WT not just small obscure cults) has the in your face extreme family wrecking shunning of the Jehovah's Witnesses

Nobody,Taliban maybe?Well they ain't in Maine usa

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I agree Danny

• steve2
    steve2

Nobody,Taliban maybe?Well they ain't in Maine usa

Good to see some well-needed humor and sense of perspective.

Being hurt by a so-called "loving" Christian religion is an extremely tough experience to go through, especially when it continues to have ill effects over the years. I can personally relate to the profound sense of loss, having been on the receiving end of Watchtower-inspired hate. But this does not stamp the religion as the worst in the world. And bigger sized fonts don't add weight to the contrary argument.

The world is brim full of crazy-minded, bigoted religionists who seize mind, body and soul - JWs are a relatively small, insignificant authoritarian group whose heyday is well over. Happily, lots and lots of people have managed to get out of it and build productive lives for themselves and their families.

Let's champion human resilience - especially the capacity to use pain as an opportunity to rise above the pin-pricking petty-mindedness of the Watchtower Society.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I think it's probably better if you can just walk away and put it behind you. Not even worry about it. My wife and her brother did that. She registered on here and came on once or twice and was like whatever I don't even really care. Her brother faded ten years ago and just dropped it. If I said the witnesses are plotting to blow up the capitol building he wouldn't even give a crap. I think that's a healthier thing for most.

I think those that would benefit from this stuff are those that have faded and still think its the truth.

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

It was mentioned earlier in this thread,the various reasons people leave. Some, because of insights gained and better informing themselves. Some a matter of principal and some because of sex. The sex issue I would like to clarify further.

In my case, I was sanctioned beyond beleif. Never knew even what a date was, missed every coceivable good time that ever could have been had with the opposite sex and lived by the rules implicitly. There were no rewards or compliments for good behaviour. A teen not given sex education, advice of any kind from my parents and no sisters to inform me of how to treat a woman, left me with a dilema that I simply could not find an answer to.

As I have mentioned before, my exit was due to insanely going with a prostitute to try and experience what most other kids my age were experiencing. Is that so freakin evil! So why do I have no shame?and why do I make this public knowlegde? The reason is because, I"M NOT GUILTY!

WhenYou drive someone out of there skull and put in place things to which there is no hope for ever being normal then you have forced someones hand. You have created a scenario of cause and effect. I have known too many folks who still remain virgins in thier 40's and 50's and are dieing inside. For years through the watchtower policy of shunning I was made to feel the guilty party.

Well now is your comeupance! I have have outgrown you watchtower. You have been weighed in the balance and found deficient on all levels. It is you that are guilty ofbeing unnatural unloving and bullies who have to be taught a lesson. THIS IS YOUR PUBLIC SHAMING AND YOUR PUBLIC GUILT, YOU BASTARDS! If it were not for the ethics of this board, I would post the name of every single one of you scum bags involved in this affair.

No one ever asked me why. It was just an automatic death sentence. I know of others in the same hall who unbeleivably, did the the same thing, years after me so this gives you an indication of what people are being driven to. Nothing happened to them by the way. I was the sacraficial lamb. The one to point the finger at and say theres the bad guy! Well I won't take for even a nano second anymore and the elders involved better put their running shoes on. I'm not finished with them yet.

I know for an absolute fact all the things elders sons have done and been completly protected. They are the real guilty ones!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit