Do you look forwards, backwards or sideways?

by mtsgrad 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Diagonally with an upwards trajectory. It took my 16 years to stop looking backwards. But I need some help with forwards and finally recognised I need some help and want it. I begin counselling very soon.

• esw1966
    esw1966

I look forward!

I feel that everything I went through was for a reason and I learned things through my experiences that others could not have and thus I can be of help to others because of the things I have experienced in my life.

I love all that I have learned and experienced in life! I've been given a bad hand, but a good spirit. I have come through all the crap in my life with a good heart.

On the other side, my life would have been much different had I not been a jw, but maybe things wouldn't have worked out as well as they have now. Still looking for that ship to come in.....not expecting it.

• tremoka
    tremoka

I like to live and learn. But I'm still dealing with the consequences of pas actions and this can get me in a pity party of regrets. Somethings you can never get back ya know????

I distanced myself from my unbelieving family. I'm paying for it greatly now that my grandmother has died recently. I can't get that time back with her! Not a day goes by that I'm not wracked with guilt and grief. I was there in the end but that still doesn't heal the pain of 16 years lost of family celebrations and relationship I lost. I can't believe I was stupid enough to let the borg influence my thinking to distance myself from my non believing flesh and blood.

IT HURTS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BADLY. This is what I am bitter about.

Looking forward, MY 13 YEAR OLD SON HAD HIS FIRST BIRTHDAY PARTY LAST WEEK!

I can make a change and make up for lost time with other family members. Every moment is valuable time. Not to be wasted.

Cheers to Everyone!

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I prefer the here and now. Looking backwards and forwards are both too frightening.

• eclipse
    eclipse

I look with all of the above...

I look forwards to the plans I have made.

I look sideways to be ready for any changes that happen in my present.

I look in my past and learn from my failures and achievements.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit