Need dating advice

by KatyH81 13 Replies latest social relationships

• KatyH81
    KatyH81

After fading away I have decided to try dating in the "world". I've tried the online thing for awhile and I'm not getting anywhere. Other than Bars and clubs, where else can I go or what else can I do to get a date. I'm so very tired of spending my nights at home. HELP!!

• Spectre
    Spectre

Start a thread on JWD entitled: HEY!!! ANY GUYS HERE FROM ALABAMA?

• collegegirl21
    collegegirl21

You can just try running into people in random places. I met my ex-fiance on the way into a fitting room at a department store. I've also done speed dating... its interesting, but its like going on 20 dates in one night... you can meet plenty of people that way :).

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Anywhere you meet people.

Gas station.

Grocery store.

Post office.

Restaurant.

Work.

Park.

You get the idea.

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev

I hear nvr is pretty hot!

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

Nvr is hot? To say the least!!! I'd hit it.

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

To improve your chances also try the Police Station, Detention Release Center (those guys just getting out are...well you know), School for the Blind, Sexual Addicts Anonymous.....and finally practice the line "Hey Honey, need a date?" and walk around the intersections and holler that out.

Let us know

• jgnat
    jgnat

Start a hobby or join a club that you like where you have a fairly good chance to meet guys. Like, join a singles bowling league, ballroom dancing, or canoeing.

I picked fine art, which was dumb.

• free2think
    free2think

kerj2leev and WAC is there something you wanna tell the class???

Katy i know what you mean, it is hard. But thats great advice from everyone, aprart from unconfused's of course.

• blondie
    blondie

The important thing is to be settled in your heart about leaving; truly to know who you are and where you are going, what do you have to give and what do you need as well.

I like Janet's suggestions. I met my husband at work where I was able to see how he interacted with people. I liked what I saw and other older, happily married women, said that they felt he would make a good friend, husband, and supporter.

And so he has been...for 16 plus years.

(Don't date your supervisor though)

Love, Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit