I need help destroying witness bastards!

by dawg 29 Replies latest social humour

• Arthur
    Arthur
    anyone that can provide me current dumba** things that the witnesses have changed in the last say 15 years

I don't want to sound cynical, but I seriously doubt that this approach would make any difference either. You have to remember how Witnesses are indoctrinated to perceive these changes (or blunders). They have been very carefully trained to see these changes as proof that the organization is granted progressive understandings, or "new light" from Jehovah. They actually take pride in receiving these "changes", as they are constantly told that "Jehovah's chariot is on the move". By inference, this suggests that their teachings would also be "on the move" (i.e. wishy-washy).

I think that there are some very simple Biblical principles that are easy to approach, and which are very troubling to the JW doctrinal set. One of them is the concept of organizational salvation. Nowhere is there any hint in the Bible that salvation can come through (or be predicated upon) organizational membership. The Society's use of Moses and the Old Covenant priesthood as some sort of analogy to their organization simply does't fit. Only Christ is the "Greater Moses" (or mediator), and no person, "class" of people, or organization could ever serve in that capacity.

The JW baptismal requirements are also very dubious. The Biblical record is consistent in stating that people were baptized in the name of the Father, the Son, and the holy spirit. There was never any indication that one had to make a declaration of being baptized into any earthly arrangement, such as a particular congregation. The Watchtower Society in it's baptismal questions states that one must acknolwledge being baptized in association with Jehovah's spirit-directed organization (and by extension, in association with the Watchtower Society) before they can be considered having a right heart conditions for immersion.

Inform them that people in the first century knew exactly what it meant to be baptized in the name of the Father, Son, and holy spirit. Jesus himself never hinted that there must be this kind pre-requisite attached to baptism that the Watchtower Society requires.

Tell them that the requirement of acknowledging being baptized in association with an organization (or any earthly arrangement) is completely absent from the Scriptures and is a concept that was introduced into Christianity by the chruch councils. This requirement is still in practice by many of the churches of "Christendom" today. Ask your family how the Watchtower or JWs can criticize this practice in other churches, yet not criticize it within their own?

• gumby
    gumby
    I don't want to sound cynical, but I seriously doubt that this approach would make any difference either

I agree Arthur. In MOST cases this is true, however, many have left the Organisation when finding out these types of things. I'm not one of the lucky ones who's family has heard of these things from me yet it didn't phase them. Others here on JWD have had good success in getting family members out.......sometimes entire families. So, don't feel exposing the witnesses will never work with family, just be real careful in HOW you present things.

Gumby

• gumby
    gumby
    just tell them you will not believe jesus choose the wts as the fds in 1919 till your jw family has a study on all the original wt books that jesus read from je3sus' inspection of all religions from 1914-1918

*scratches head*

• dawg
    dawg

I stayed up all night playing my bluegrass guitar, and partying with my boys and playing music... sorry, but i will read and reply in the eveing after i wake.

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev

Dawg,

It's much like dealing with a drug addict, until THEY want to change they will always make excuses for their decisions. I applaud your zeal, but the best way to show them they are wrong is by living a productive and happy life!

• jgnat
    jgnat

What, are "witness bastards", another species or something? Aren't they basically you with a little less information? I'd say when you left you burnt all your bridges. If you fling doctrine or information or words at them now like an AK-47 barrage, all you are going to do is make them dig deeper in to their fox holes.

If you wanted a chance to talk to them, man-to-man, you needed to approach them a little more tactfully at the first, preventing setting off their internal cultist alarms.

Don't bother slinging your words to them any more unless they ask for it. As in, "Hey, dawg. Remind me again why you left?"

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

remember the pearls and swine story? lol

• Open mind
    Open mind

Hey Dawg,

I'll help if you promise NOT to have wild sex with me.

The most recent pulling a date out of their backsides was with the revised understanding of 1935 and the "sealing" of the anointed. It was in a WT earlier this year. All my life growing up as a dub, 1935 was a given as to when the great crowd started being gathered and the anointed were sealed. Why? Cuz the WT said so. Why not now? Cuz the WT says so.

If you need the actual reference I can find it for you.

You could use it as a BS detector on your relatives. Ask them if there's been any changes on the understanding of 1935 and the sealing of the anointed. Of course, if they say no, that may not necessarily mean they're hiding anything. Everyone in my congo was quiet about it until I brought it up at the Revelation Orgasmic Climax book study.

Open Mind

• greendawn
    greendawn

The point is who can trust an org that got wrong so many of its beliefs and particularly ones that led people to make harmful decisions in their lives? With the fluidity of the JW doctrine how can anyone be sure that they will not abrogate the no blood doctrine that caused the death of so many JWs and even worse underage children of JWs taht couldn't decide for themselves?

I believe recently they made changes to the meaning of the 1914 generation which left many old dubs gutted as their dreams of an imminent paradise became ashes, the blood doctrine making it less restrictive (many dubs that died would have survived with what is allowed now) and they have been talking about the call of the "anointed" not having ended in 1935.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    OK, maybe that's not much of a reward but will you please help me destroy the idiots anyway?

Sounds like they're winning if they got your goat so bad dog.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit