Did You EVER Enjoy Going To Meetings Or Out In Service?

by minimus 39 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I can say that I don't thinkI ever really looked forward to going to a 2 hour meeting or a 2 hour ride around in the "ministry.

• changeling
    changeling

FS never. Meetings, occasionally, but just as a social thing, wanting to see or talk to someone, not for the "spritual food".

As a little girl, and a teenager, assemblies could be exciting because you got to see other kids and meet boys.

changeling

• minimus
    minimus

That's why I mention 2 hours. Having to sit thru the boring meetings was murder. I used to find something official to do so I didn't have to listen with rapt attention.

• changeling
    changeling

I'm somewhat ADHD. The world inside my head was always more interesting than the meetings.

changeling

• minimus
    minimus

That's not ADHD. You're just being normal!

• changeling
    changeling

You don't know me very well. I've not been called normal in a very long time....

changeling

• minimus
    minimus

okkkkk

• jillbedford
    jillbedford

I'll be honest. I threw myself into the religion when I was in it. I took notes at every talk and hoped to convert in field service. But that is who I am. I am whole souled at everything I do. If I scooped carion off the side of the road, I would be the best carion scooper there was. Is carion scooper an occupation?

• watson
    watson

I look forward to going to meetings more now than I ever did....

• changeling
    changeling

Carion scooper...somebody's gotta do it...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit