We'll All Be Dead Someday

by nvrgnbk 52 Replies latest jw friends

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

I'm seriously considering having myself bronzed and placed on display in the public square when I die. My greatest worry is that pigeons will fly over daily and poop on my head. That would be so undignified!

Cog

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

oops. double post.

• Anony-Mouse
    Anony-Mouse

Deaconbluez,

It could be SECONDS away.

(insert the scripture about the thief in the night here :P)

• Little Drummer Boy
  • nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

All still here.

Enjoy what's left of the weekend.

Remember, every day is a bonus.

• ush419
    ush419

buttttt !!! what about the carrot on the stick life ahead of us (heh heh)??? Since my time in military, I knew that i wouldn't live forever. In fact I just hope to reach 20 yrs old, did so everything is gravy from that point on. WEllll except for being a witless, that has shit in the gravy vice sausage. But when you are alive you can find good feeling for being so.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I avoided this thread because its something makes me freak when I think about it. Lately I just feeling quite scared of not being here. I don't want to be buried - that in itself terrifies me. I hope someone will kindly see to it that I get cremated and that there is a huge party to celebrate my life and then that I get portioned amongst all the guests and that they take my ashes with them to special places of beauty and spread me there to the wind.

I have NEVER known a single moment when I did not exist and NEVER shall HA!!

I found this thought extremely comforting dreamer dreaming.

• Anony-Mouse
    Anony-Mouse

I want them to launch my body into space, that would be totally awesome.

Seriously, happens all the time....

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Reminds me of an aquaintance who would wait until everyone was really wound up and then say. "Hey! We're all having a really good time!................considering we're all gonna die someday!"

Hey, it's okay with me......................

• parakeet
    parakeet

".....death is the goal of life. Nonbeing fulfills being, just as space does not negate what is solid." Alan Watts, "Psychotherapy East and West"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit