Someone doesn't like Alan F. & Carl O.

by whereami 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• JCanon
    JCanon

I decided to also chart for comparison purposes the references that best fit the text of the Saturn tablet where Saturn is "behind" the Furrow of Saturn one month and "between" the Furrow and Libra (Balance) the next. If you compare 640BCE below with those above for 581BCE, which is 59 years later in the Saturn cycle, you can see Saturn could be described in these positions to fit either year. Here are the 640BCE references, though in truth, the descriptions are more "comfortable" for the positions in 581BCE I must say, now that I'm looking closer. Usually, for instance, when a planet is that close to and below another star, they don't refer to it as "behind" since it is equally below and quite close to it. Usually the term "sap" is used to indicate "immediately below" which would have been appropriate for Saturn's position in month 7.

Of note, the translators have assigned the "Furrow" to the star alpha-Virginis. But of note that star is called the "Furrow" or used as a general reference to that star because of the furrow created by the bottom leg of Virgo which looks like a furrow or a ditch or elonaged trench like you see with planting. So whether the reference is to that specific star in this case or a generic reference to the furrow itself might have to be considered and compared. Per my experience, describing locations in relation to these stars is more accurate as presented, where the furrow itself is in reference and not the bright first star of the furrow, alpha-Virginis. Case in point, the position of Saturn where you see it immediately behind the "furrow" in relation to the star alpha-Virginis is supposed to be "between" alpha-Virginis and the entire constellation of Libra. Further the position of Saturn in month 6 is still within Virgo, so there is a potential conflict with describing that position as behind the "furrow" if the furrow is meant to include kappa-Virginis, the star that makes up the back end of the bottom of the furrow. Perhaps these are the issues Furuli is bringing up. But when the 7th and 8th months are used for these references, they are far more "relevant" to the closest stars involved and are more logical. Also, usually when a star is this close to a planet and it is below it like this, the term "nap" is used to describe the position immediately below it, or "LAL" to describe it as more closely even with it, which would not be incorrect in this case. "Behind" is a reference for a position slightly behind but closest to a star.

HERE ARE THE GRAPHICS FROM 640BCE FOR MONTHS 7 AND 8, WHICH I BELIEVE MATCH THE TEXT DESCRIPTION THE BEST:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit