The things I see (This last weeks photos)

by Sparkplug 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

and wanted to share

All day long on weekends, lunch, breaks and such there are moments that calm me. Silly stuff. Some things really special like the 96 year old Mississippi Great Great Grandma and her 6 month old (great great) granddaughter holding hands like something just frozen in time.

Or my banana fudge pop on break time...you know breaking that hot Texas sun and diet.

The bee that is sticking his all the way into the flower for the pollen I guess or the other bug I have been chasing for days and nobody can tell if it was a really tiny hummingbird or a bummblebee..till I caught the pic. We looked it up and it is a hummingbird moth. hmmm.

Then we have the salon just near the bad part of town trying to turn to a good side of town that really is quite a sweet little business.

and well some tools of the haircutters trade.

enjoy...

Small stuff really.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

The 96 year old woman on a side note...had to give up her drivers licence 5 years ago when her family made her.

She was at a light and the car in front of her did not go when it was time. so she honked. (They were on a cell phone) so when they still did not go, she cut off through a field. LMAO. When in court she stated that she was 91 and in her while life in Mississippi she had never seen anyone disrespect her like that. She said she had honked her horn and gave them enough time to hang up that phone. So she cut around. Then she said if they had to take her to jail go right on ahead then she would not have to pay that high electricity bill. Save her some money. She walked on out. They did nothing to her. She is such a tiny woman, if you saw her you would see the humor. Anyhow the family took her keys and licence. lol

The funny thing about that hummingbird moth is that when a mess of us were questioning what it was, this one lady who is ALWAYS right....ALWAYS and quite annoyingly looked at it in the back of my camera and told me it was a hummingbird moth. I thought, "yeah right!...sure" So I went and looked it up to disprove her. There it was. This woman has annoyed everyone and been fired a dozen times and she is always right and because we are union they cannot fire her. When I want to know something...I ask her. She is always right. I gets me. I wish I had my tact. Not that I always get it right, but her knowledge. Boy would I have something there!!! I can ask her most anything and she will tell me to the money about it. History, other countries history, culture, science, cooking, ailments, moths, politics....it is soooo freaky....

• Es
    Es

awesome pics hun as usual

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

Great pictures and story!!! Thanks for sharing!

Swalker

• RAF
    RAF

Very beautiffull

I'm in love with the first pic it worth to become a Poster, and the one you did of the salon looks very professional (they could use it for adverstizing or to illustrate any article about them) Bravo !!!

• Sarah Smiles
    Sarah Smiles

I love those pictures!

• Sarah Smiles
    Sarah Smiles

I love those pictures!

• Effervescent
    Effervescent

Oh gosh, I'm so jealous of your talent... but in a non-bitchy sort of way.

How long have you been shooting? I fell in love with photography a couple years back and *just* got myself a Nikon D70. Although I love it so much my hubby had to persuade me not to bring it to bed with us (ok, not really), I'll be darned if I can really get this whole aperature, shutter speed blah blah blah blah blah thing down. I see pictures like yours and just wish I could shoot pics like that!

Any pointers? Did you take a class or just learn as you went?

• justhuman
    justhuman

What nice pictures...

• Gopher
    Gopher

Great pictures, thanks for sharing.

I just love those blue flowers that grow wild down in Texas. I've seen fields of them when travelling through there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit