Appealing a JC Decision

by Amber Rose 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sassy
    Sassy
    (The elder also twisted my words and told my mom that I said things at the JC meeting that I didn't say, but that's another story)

I just love how we were suppposed to obey the rules... but what is this thing called JC things being said were confidential? They shouldn't have told your mother anything...

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    (The elder also twisted my words and told my mom that I said things at the JC meeting that I didn't say, but that's another story)

nooooo...surely not

anyhoo i know of several appeals that have worked.

mine would have probably because i was going to appeal on the basis of my mental state not being taken into account on the night of the committee...but i was in hospital on suicide watch when the appeal was to be heard. they held off the announcement till i was out of hosp although the original jc thought i was faking it. the appeal chairman tho was a nice older bro who was genuinely upset that i didnt eventually appeal (cos i just couldn't face it all again)

my sis appealed and she was in a english speaking cong in a foreign land and the appeal was made up of the 3 original english speaking members and 3 more foreign ones who had to be translated to..she was pregnant at the time..living away from home...and the original jc told her when their decision was overturned that they were just testing her.

a close friend of mine was df...appealed it...decision was overturned by the appeal com...but the original jc refused to accept it...so a third jc was sent in by bethel who sided with the appeal committee who told the original jc that if they didn't accept it they would be removed as elders..sadly didn't stop my friend from losing his sanity as a result.

i was personally never involved in an appeal while serving as an elder..one of the bros on the appeal list in glasgow said they were overrun with appeals because the elders dealing with decisions in the first place were no more than glasgow neds...

funny..i thought holy spirit made the decisions

• erandir
    erandir

BB

Incidentally, if you join the military or a church , you just get announced as d/a...but join the "Y" and they hold a committee...strange isn't it? I bet there are a fair few dubs who dont know that it is a d/f offence

I didn't know that...I was thinking about joining the Y, too. Like was mentioned before about the UN NGO thingie, what a bunch of hypocrites!

I would mention that in the appeal letter about the double standard, btw. What have you to lose?

• choosing life
    choosing life

I don't know much about winning an appeal. I have known of 1 case where it happened. The statement made by your father spoke volumes, though. It is your sister who is choosing not to talk to you and I rather doubt that is what you wanted to achieve.

To break up a family over the use of the YMCA is totally insane. I think if you asked 100 normal people what they thought about such a religion, they would all agree that it is a dangerous and cruel cult.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

I've chaired several appeal committees, and a few special committees.

The instructions from the WTS to appeal committees strongly indicates that they will, in the vast majority of cases, side with the original committee's decision. Also, if they feel that the original reason you were disfellowshipped was not satisfactory, BUT, in the course of the appeal meetings discover ANOTHER reason why you could be disfellowshipped, the dfing stands.

I've seen very few appeals be successful. Your father is kidding himself that it would have made much of a difference.

It's an insane, dysfunctional system which has nothing to do with any Biblical principles. In Israel, these matters were judged publicly and openly, in the city gates, and that sort of transparency in the Witness judicial system is very sorely needed.

S4

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

sir82 hit the nail on the head.

The appeals committee is there to check to make sure the elders followed procedure, end of story - they don't give a rat's patootie about you.

That's what I remember from being an elder on a committee tthat df'd a young bro.

See this link.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/136671/2436842/post.ashx#2436842

I told this young bro to appeal and he did. NOTHING good came from the appeal!

HappyDad

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Amber, Elders would never lie, why are you making this stuff up, they know whats best for you, so take your punishment, wait, wait what the hell am I saying Fuck those assholes

• changeling
    changeling

Dear Amber Rose: Your dad is crying over spilled milk. Don't get caught up in that, nothing positive nor productive will come from it.

You said you could not have sat through yet another meeting, that should be enough reason.

Move on and be happy,

changeling

• flipper
    flipper

Amber Rose- Mr. Flipper here. A couple of months ago, a judicial commitees dfing actions against me were overturned by the appeal commitee, with assistance from Bethel. There was'nt enough evidence to convict me, and I had been disfellowshipped by the original commitee because I refused to come to an initial commitee meeting, having been falsely charged. But others takes on this are correct, it still wears you out from the inside out emotionally, my case was dragged out for 10 months. And even though my witness parents associate with me, I still have a super ex-bethel elder, an older brother who secretly thinks he's Ted Jaracz's closest confidential advisor. So he won't acknowledge me or a self righteous older sister (an ex missionary) also won't. So even a successful appeal won't change the minds of some who want to put you in a certain category. All you can do is show love to your family and be with those in your family who really appreciate you for your good qualities. Those that don't , well it's their loss. Good luck to you and Drew. Peace to you, Mr. Flipper

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Have made two appeals, both successfull. First one, original JC was heavily reprimanded. Second one, CO in the original one stated "I do this all the time, and frequenly I lose, but so what? We all have to move on." Yeah, it wasn't easy for me, mentally worn out, to "move on". Still don't. And some on the original JCs afterwards have told me they think the reversals were wrong and that their decisions were correct after all. So it can be a technicality, you're freed but on parole somehow, couple of Big Brothers are still watching you, to never let you forget that you COULD have ....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit