How many times does Jesus return?

by Watkins 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Watkins
    Watkins

Please - someone help me find the thread about this. I've searched 'Bible Research and Study Articles' for a couple of days(dial-up - s-l-o-o-o-w!) and can't find it - I know it's here somewhere - not too long ago it seems... There was a post from someone(s) that showed the society has claimed at least 6 different returns. I'm writing a little article to show-up this peculiar teaching - it seems JW's really haven't pieced together what's been said in the past about it. I'll start looking in the 'Beliefs, Doctrine and Practices' section next - till I hear from someone.

Thanks a bunch for any help!

Watkins

• nvrgnbk
  • bluebell
    bluebell

Of course, you realize that the WTS/JWs speak of 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 returns of Christ.

1918 (to inspect the temple)

in the 1940's

and some unknown date, soon, very soon now where he will come with the angels to destroy everyone who is not a JW

this is a quote from blondie on http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/116222/1.ashx

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Modern day witnoids may not remember past returns. They have a funky light bulb that causes group amnesia regarding past prophecies. Some are even denying that aremegeddon came and went in 1975.

• Watkins
    Watkins

Oh! - thank you SO much! I think it was Losch's speech I was thinkin' of. Ever so many thanks! I was about ready to pull my hair out.

You're right jag - it's convenient for them to say - oh that's old light. But if it hasn't been overturned - then what - it morphs into the next understanding and on and on - there's never a clear grasp of any concept that way. Well, maybe that's the plan... 'Transformers' has nuthin' on the wtbts!

Thanks a million!

• the dreamer dreaming
    the dreamer dreaming

I dont recall anything monumental happening in 1975, I so I doubt that in a few years we will hear of the Armegeddon[?] that came invisibly as predicted (^_^)

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Everybody knows that I wasn't a good little dub, so I don't have a clue about most of the JW doctrine, but why does Jesus have to come so many times? Couldn't he get it right the first time?

nj

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

I think he's lost.

• zack
    zack

According to Jesus himeslf as recorded in the Bible, he returns once. According to the Watchtower, Jesus doesn't know what he's talking about and will return as many times as the Watchtower wants.

• DeusMauzzim
    DeusMauzzim
    How many times does Jesus return?

It really depends on the season. Have faith, brother, Jehober will take care of it!

- Deus Mauzzim

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit