Do you have to pay federal income tax? Is there a law requirering you to?

by frankiespeakin 117 Replies latest jw friends

• John Doe
    John Doe
    I do not accept any help from the federal gov.

Oh, so then you aren't a citizen living in the United States? Otherwise, you're lying.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I am not a US citizen/state resident as you no doubt are.

I am a native born citizen of the State of Texas, and Louisiana. As such I am entitled to no federal entitlements as you no doubt are.

Unless I have mistaken your meaning?

• restrangled
    restrangled

So many people do not realize some of the advantages our government offers to tax payers regarding deductions, educational funds, such as FSFSA, further education deductions, etc.

For anyone, the best defense is education regarding the tax system. Granted it is daunting, but once you understand it and keep up with the rules and regulations from year to year it can make a difference in the amount of tax you pay.

There is a little known thing called Earned Income Credit or EIC. This is for families or single parents with children. There is a limit to what you can earn based on the size of your family, but usually pays off for most middle to low income families. The government will actually pay you against your taxes. I think this year it is about $34,000.00 of earned income for a maximum payment somewhere around 2,500.00 if not more.

The higher the earned income the more money applied. I know there are a lot of single parents on this forum and wonder how many know about this. The government will even add it to your paycheck. Child support and alimony do not count against it. If you are allowed to deduct your children, it adds up.

Also this past year any purchase of "Energy Star" heating/air conditioning systems, roofs, windows etc., will earn you money against your taxes for a max of about $500.00. This is toward your taxes owed, and not just a deduction.

Any money paid out toward further education is totally tax deductible.

For anyone not wanting to get a child a SS number. The tax advantages are truly being wasted.

Study taxes, just like school. The more you know, the further ahead you are.

r.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Well, I think I'm going to take another posters lead and bow out of this thread. This is accomplishing nothing. Good luck with your life ip, and I hope your tax evasion doesn't define how you act in other aspects of your life as well.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Good luck to you too John.

1. Im not a tax evader. I pay 8.5% on just about every dollar I spend. I pay .384 cents on every gallon of gas I buy. And on and on.

2. If they want a FIT they need to go ahead and ratify the 16th amendment.

3. Im not against taxes. Im against the redistribution of wealth.

4. Im against the fed making private citizens responsible for collection and payment of taxes.

5. Gross gov negligence and waste of tax money.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Nvr,

I just can't understand why the tone of these conversations needs to turn so ugly and insulting.
    It is rather typical of discussions between free thinkers and those that are caught up in patriotic indoctrination.The patriots feel it in thier hearts where they put their hand when giving thier plegde of aligence to the flag, it is years of indoctrination from infancy that often bring up strong reactions, it is the typical love it(US government) or leave it mentality.

Do you know who are the worst Frankie? Those damn founding fathers...what a bunch of stupid, idiotic, love it or leave it indoctrinated, pledge of allegiancing fools.....they wasted all that time and energy on forming the Republic when they could have been doing what you do.....which is whine alot, not pay taxes, not vote and do a whole lot of shrooms. Damn those patriotic nutjobs!

R's hubby

• lola28
    lola28
    John Doe you need to go back to the meetings. You can rat people out there and the fact that the gray matter between your ears is not functional will not be noticed. You little nazzi.

Wow I find it intresting that you call Doe a Nazi but have nothing to say to the poster that is breaking the law by being a bum and not paying in like the rest of have to. I wonder if his house was on fire, would he tell the fire department to go away because he disagrees with the way the goverment is using tax payers money?

Lola

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Around here, a SS# is required for health insurance or even to SEE a doctor. I will agree that it is wrong, but I think it's wrong to rain on a picnic too-and I can do as much about one as I can about the others. FYI, if you are born in a hospital and named, you will have a birth certificate-whether you pick it up or not. And with the strong feelings about illegal immigration, I would not leave my child with a legacy of no evidence of her citizenship. Leave all the tax advantages off the table. . .the poor kid isn't going to be able to leave the states w/o a passport. Not enter school w/o a BC, and I am sure plenty of other issues. My older kids were not given SS cards until I applied for them. The rules changed and while I may have filled something out in the 24 hours after I gave birth, I do know that his card came in the mail when he was just a few weeks old and it shocked me that I didn't even have to apply. We are not given BC in our state, we have to APPLY for one(a paper one-you are 'in the system' just being born) to be issued (YES THIS IS TOTALLY BOGUS!). So whether you want it or not, there it is.

My niece had a baby and her sis in law was bragging on how LIZ would NEVER have to have a c-section, because that is just not how they planned the birth(ha, first time parents/aunts are so naive). Well, 10 days late, a c-section was required as the baby was suffering. I had the same thing happen with me with my first. We can have hopes and plans for our children's births, but when it comes down to it-stuff happens. Plenty of folks have healthy easy pregnancies, but it is nothing to take for granted.

I agree that plenty of things are wrong about our country, but plenty of things are right and if they weren't, then I am sure our friends in (name a country) would be happy to have expatriate US citizens to pay THEIR taxes, since so many of their young are HERE getting their education, working, raising their families etc. . .last I knew Texans and Louisianans were US citizens and have the same entitlements as the rest of us. I am one generation removed from my Louisiana roots and didn't know that made me a second generation American!

I think that in our country, we have a lot of ways to make a statement about what we think is right and wrong and there are ways to do it that don't land us in jail and totally broke. I hope all the non-tax payers here are working as hard to change the laws (flat tax or whatever)as they will have to work to protect themselves from the consequences of breaking the present ones. Or, they can go the 1776 way, but I don't know exactly how that would work (Personally in favor of term limits, and NO pork, myself, and my legislators know it)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit