Why is it so hard for a JW to admit when they are wrong about anything?

by A-Team 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, you have all said it.

The WTS/FDS/GB believes they represent and speak for God. If they are wrong, then God is wrong, and God is never wrong.

Second, if any of the representatives are wrong, then perhaps they don't have God's backing and then no one will do what they say.

Obedience to the WTS/FDS/GB is an imperative, even when they are wrong. Wait on Jah to correct them.

So what Bible story teaches people to obey false teachers?

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

It's post like this that tell my my dad will probably never leave. I remember him telling me that there are two ways to do something. " His way, or the wrong way. "

One of my last conversations with him, (because of shunning not death) I said, "But WHAT IF you are wrong?" He said, "I cannot be wrong, that would mean I wasted 45years of my life. I CANNOT be wrong." End of conversation.

lisa

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

If you can get a jayw to admit an error,

there's is always the excuse of well, the gb and elders are imperfect they just didn't fully understand at that time.

Jehovah's signal to the one channel of communication on earth was scrammbled by the devil.

I say, the gb should get rid of direct tv and use cable tv.

• Undecided
    Undecided

Because the Holy Spirit explained it to the FDS and if we sin against the HS we are lost for ever so we must agree with everything it says. Nobody has the Holy S but the FDS because God appointed only one slave class. Can't you all understand anything?

Ken P.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    And maybe they were this way before becoming a JW.... part of the attraction.
    Or were raised in it and know of no other way to be.

My experience is that.. the two closest JW's to me my JW father and my JW maternal (not my dad's mom no relation) grandmother NEVER EVER admiited they were wrong and would scheme,lie,conive,whine,pout to keep from admitting they were wrong about anything and everything they would lie pathologically like psychopaths.

Very scary,so how did i put up with them? Cognitive dissonance on my part I would reason as i was told that "they are in the truth but the truth isn't in them"

The horrific shock for me to crash to pieces in 1992 and have it all wash over me that they were psychopathic monsters because they were Jehovah's Witnesses

BTW my mother and I were impeccably honest and straight forward because we despised their lying BS so much the pendulem swung the other way with me i am honest and let the chips fall where they may!

• VM44
    VM44

The JWs believe they are RIGHT about everything because they are ON JEHOVAH'S SIDE.

<p>Worldly people are WRONG about everything because...well, because they are WORLDLY!</p>

<p>--VM44</p>

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

If a JW was wrong about one thing,they could be wrong about many things..That can`t happen..That door has to be nailed shut!...OUTLAW

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

their leaders have taught them well

• misanthropic
    misanthropic
    Why is it so hard for a JW to admit when they are wrong about anything?

I'm sure it's an assortment of many of the reasons already listed. I do believe with some though it's because they are stubborn and refuse to admit they have wasted years, money and their family on something that wasn't real. I'm pretty sure that's the case with my daddy, he's an engineer, very smart- educated and brilliant in so many ways yet he's still a witness, served many years as an elder. Some people I believe wouldn't know what do do without the whole thing. They wouldn't know how to pick up what they have left of their lives and go on, it's much easier to just pretend.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit