DC 2007 - PR spokesman caught in a lie

by mineralogist 10 Replies latest jw friends

• mineralogist
    mineralogist

At the convention in germany/hamburg some apostates placed themselves right at the main entry. They have been there on saturday on sunday. On saturday evening the attendants formed a "wall" and pulled some of the brothers away from that path. Sunday a newspaper was there for an interview and the spokesman said "We live in a democracy. The woman is allowed to do that and everyone has to decide on his own. It is strange to be against jehovahs witness if you once have been one of them." He said they don't bother about her. (article in the german newspaper: http://www.mopo.de/2007/20070716/hamburg/panorama/allein_gegen_die_zeugen_jehovas.html)

But look at the video which proofs his lie! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qDZsLWiDXA

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Anyone else find it eerie how easily the JWs were "herded" away from the path.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

My daughter asked if the herd of people were "slaves". Insightful little girl, hey?

• IP_SEC
  • mineralogist
    mineralogist

Here is a picture of them

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Here is a picture of them

They look very dangerous!!

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

When JWs feel their religious belief structure threatened, they turn into the biggest bullies around. It makes me sick.

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

What do those placards say? Is that Danny Haszard there?

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Can anyone do an English translation on that newspaper article? I can't read German! Yea the only sinister ones there are "brothers."

Sherry

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Here is an English translation: However against the witnesses Jehovas Margit Rolf fights against its former faith companions WIEBKE STREHLOW They prayed, sang their kingdom songs in such a way specified and learned, how one applies the Bible to its own life. While scarcely 14400 witnesses Jehovas met on weekend to the congress "consequence the Christ after" in the HSV arena, a woman sat alone before it. Margit Rolf (53) - 15 years long "witness". Now it fights with the "table reserved for regulars of the former witnesses Jehovas" against its "sisters" and "brothers". Nobody looks at the ex faith companion. Nobody greets it. Only one man stops within three days at its conditions. "that was very courageous. It will probably have consequences for it. Who has contact with Abtruennigen, from the community ", says Margit Rolf is excluded. They and their four children are for several years "Abtruennige". They left the community. 1995 daughter Melanie (29) made the beginning. "I could not do simply no more. I did not have childhood, no youth. It always meant only prays, Bible studies and to meetings of the witnesses goes ", says the woman. Their nut/mother stepped out a few years later, after their children had accused it again and again that them would have robbed them of their childhood. Today Margit Rolf members, that do not create it from own strength, wants to help with the door. The 53-Jaehrige for the children of "witnesses" makes itself particularly strong. Flog and punishments are at the agenda. "it is even desired that one strikes its children. In a Bible verse it means: , do not contain your son the rod of the breed vor.` that take the witnesses Jehovas very seriously ", says Margit Rolf. Its daughter Melanie knows, what it is called, as a child into the religious community to be born. "one has the whole time fear to make somewhat wrong. Because it is said to one that Jehova sees everything and then one does not come to death into the paradies. And into the paradies to come the most important for one, a witness ' ", is says the 29-Jaehrige. Joern Puttkammer, Hamburg speaker of the witnesses Jehovas, felt the conditions of Margit Rolf not as disturbing. "we live in a democracy. That may make this woman, and she must decide it stop. I however already find the mission eagerness amusing against the witnesses Jehovas, if one were times in the community." (MOPO of 16.07.2007/PAGE 14-15)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit