As Time Goes By - Do they all begin to look alike to you?

by AK - Jeff 36 Replies latest jw experiences

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I mean, religions.

While I am far from being anti-religious, organized religion, especially of the more 'fundamental' sort, is all beginning to blend into the same puddle for me. I have not given up on God, or spirituality, and in fact still consider myself Christian. I just don't feel any desire at this point to participate in the formal nature of religious groups at all.

I don't know where that will take me in time - but I almost cringe now to be around those who want to 'sell their wares' religiously. It seems to me to be pushy, and most who do that also engage in big-time bashing and judging of other religious groups.

Don't get me wrong - I am not bashing them here - but the lines have begun to run in the rain for me.

How about you?

Jeff

• JK666
    JK666

Jeff,

The last thing I need right now is someone else cramming their doctrines down my throat. I shy away from organized religion too.

JK

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

jk - I see you are up at this ungodly hour of the night also. I am headed to work, what's your excuse?

Jeff

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    ditto
  • JK666
    JK666

Jeff,

I just got home. We are ships passing in the night.

JK

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

yes, to me they look pretty much the same. I personally think the time for organized religion is past, but it seems the fanatics are taking over. I dislike all organized religion.

• XJWNB
    XJWNB

I feel the same way. I havn't given up on God. I Just don't have a desire or need to attend another religion.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

All I can do is relate as I see it.

I was tricked into a mind-control cult when I was at my lowest point.
    God would certainly forgive me for my need to stay away from ANY ORGANIZED RELIGION
    whatsoever, for the rest of my life- is I so choose.

I have not personally visited different religions and asked the questions to see what the
    exact feelings on disagreements are, but they would all pretty much feel the same to me.
    I think the Mormons or another cult would seem bizarre, but so would a Jewish temple or
    a Mosque. Anything short of spiritual would feel like Alcoholics Anonymous- just a
    giant group therapy, but there is nothing wrong with that.

As a Christian, you stand in front of God to be judged as an individual. If you do good and
    avoid organized religion, you will be fine. He won't smite you.

• aligot ripounsous
  • aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

AK,

I feel exactly the way you do, that's why I remain a JW, pending an hypothetical better bet. I have to say, though, that so far, apart from crazy mormons, no other denomination has knocked at my door to tell me what they think the truth is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit