My first cake (pic)

by reneeisorym 55 Replies latest jw friends

• XJWNB
    XJWNB

And the professional was born. Excellent!!!

• bluebell
    bluebell

looks great!

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

This is really good work for a first attempt reneeisorym - looks yummy chocolate cake mmm...

I'll overcome the worry of being flamed here and leave you a constructive comment - practice getting smoother er - corners/edges - what's it called where the top meets the sides?! The overall design is still fantastic though. I love the way you got the flowers and leaves to drape over the edges - that's something nobody ever seems to do on cakes over here - everythings always stuck either on top or on the side! I thought your 'draping' made the cake look more alive somehow - not as stiffly formal - more relaxed but still formal. Ok I'll shut up cos I can't work out how to describe what I mean lol! - How about not stiffly formal but still wouldn't look one bit out of place at a formal event such as a wedding!

Hope you get what I meant! Keep up the good work

• PEC
    PEC

Yum chocolate, the decorating good too.

Philip

• free2think
    free2think

Beautiful Cake Renee, its look yummy.

I'll have a slice please.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Wow! That looks a lot better than my first cake!

• BlackPearl
    BlackPearl

1. Where do you live?
    2. Can I come over?
    3. Have you got an extra plate?
    4. Have you got an extra fork?
    5. Have you got some milk to go with that?

Geez, that looks good!!!

BP

• truthsearcher
    truthsearcher

Mighty fine looking cake for a first attempt! Remember, it has to taste as good as it looks!

Check the internet for links with tips/ideas. I found lots of inspiration when I was doing my daughter's wedding cake.

Here is one: http://members.nuvox.net/~zt.proicer/index.html

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Elsewhere - I've gotta say that in spite of it's appearance, your cake looks yummy too! (No I'm not just saying that for fun either - call me uber-sad if you like!)

• changeling
    changeling

I'll take a slice! Virtual cake = 0 calories.

changeling

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit