Dave Mustaine of Megadeth was raised as a JW.

by AGreenmachine 18 Replies latest social entertainment

• Chameleon
    Chameleon

long live metallica?

after the black album, they've been dead.

• wednesday
    wednesday

I'd kill for their hair.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

I agree with Bigdreaux. The Black Album was their last good album, imo. Kill`em all and Master of Puppets were the best ones. But Hetfield has said, concerning their upcoming album, that it`s gonna sound like a mix between the Black Album and ...and Justice for all. I So maybe it will be good, I don`t know. And I hear that when they play shows now, they mostly play the old stuff, so maybe they want to get back to the good, old days, and sound that way again too. I hope so.

• helncon
    helncon
    helcon, i am the excact opposite. i think the black album was the beginning of the end. metallica was much better in the beginning. master of puppets, justice for all, ride the lightning, garage days, THAT is the metallica i like.

For some reason i could not get into the earlier stuff as i never had any of their album but over the years by going to concerts( only a few due that they don't tour oz very often) and collecting their earlier stuff i am now starting to appreciate them more. So many fan always said that they went commercial from the black album but if it wasn't for that one i would never had the pleasure to listen to them. I now have 2 young kids who now love them as well and i hope they are able appreciate them as much as i do. Helen

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

bttt

A friend of mine who knows that I'm an ex-JW emailed me to tell me that he's reading Mustaine's autobiography, and that Mustaine talks of being raised as a JW. I didn't know this. I searched JWN and found this thread. I'm bumping it to the top.

More info on this page:

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/famous-jehovahs-witnesses.php

• Mythbuster
    Mythbuster

From the interview:

JBS: Did they send you to Jehovah's Witness school when you were growing up?
    DM: I went to a private school like that for about two months. It wasn't my trip, because I've always been pretty well ahead of my grades and sitting in a class with religious people who say, "Brother, can I have a pencil?" wasn't for me. I said to them "Fuck you, get your own pencil!" They didn't dig that.

What JW school is he referring to?

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Dave actually lives in Phoenix. Some people stopped by his house once and invited him to the KH. He came on the CO night a few years back. I was one of the only ones that knew who he was because most others are too righteous to listen to Megadeth. But the CO was old school and really opinionated. He went off on this rant about how we as Jehovah's people would NEVER watch spiritistic movies like Lion King. Dave stood up immediately and walked out. Later on I found out from the guys that invited him that he was disgusted by the "rules" and wanted nothing to do with it again.

• JimmyPage
  • botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety
    Dave Mustaine of Megadeth was raised as a JW.

UN in an apocalyptic scene. Scratch the Megadeth character and you've got yourself some real vintage JW artwork...

...unless that is an artistic rendition of Jehovah.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit