Dave Mustaine of Megadeth was raised as a JW.

by AGreenmachine 18 Replies latest social entertainment

• AGreenmachine
    AGreenmachine

Megadeth is a heavy metal band fronted by Dave Mustaine, who was raised as a Jehovah's Witness. Mustaine was the original lead guitar player for Metallica,in the early 80's, before they kicked him out for drunk behavior. I have been a fan of Megadeth for years, but recently found out he was raised as a JW. The lyrics from In My Darkest Hour, include something from his past. "Everlasting life for me, in a perfect world, but I gotta die first. Please God send me on my way."

I don't know why he felt he had to die first, but he certainly could have got the doctrine wrong. It is confusing.

Check out the Dave Mustaine story on Wikipedia. I don't have a link to the interviews specificly, but a Google search will bring up interviews with Dave speaking about his time in the JW's. And definately check out the new album, United Abominations. Then bang your head!!!

• Chameleon
    Chameleon

yeah, i thought that was weird.

i heard he's a born-again now.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

Yes, he`s a born-again now. The lyrics on Megadeths new album are pretty "evangelical" in some songs. I didn`t know he was raised as a jw either, but it makes perfect sense. He wasn`t just a drunk, he was a full-time junkie for a while, and overdosed several times. When they checked his blood after one overdose, they found traces of some 15 different drugs...it`s a wonder that he didn`t die.

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

It makes sense if you consider the JW superstition that those who are judged as "wicked" on Judgement Day are destroyed forever. The loophole is that if you die before Armageddon, then you have a chance for a resurrection. Too bad he is still caught up in religion.

Dave

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

yep and his mom was a sub teacher at my school...

• helncon
    helncon
    Mustaine was the original lead guitar player for Metallica,in the early 80's, before they kicked him out for drunk behavior.

Being an avid fan of metallica i never knew this fact of dave mustaine.

But still he rock not that i like megadeth.

LONG LIVE METALLICA

Helen

• FadingAway
    FadingAway

I think he is credited on some songs on the Kill Em' All album.

• helncon
    helncon
    I think he is credited on some songs on the Kill Em' All album.

I only got to kno metalllica from the black album. But i have heard their earlier stuff, tis ok but like the newer music.

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

helcon, i am the excact opposite. i think the black album was the beginning of the end. metallica was much better in the beginning. master of puppets, justice for all, ride the lightning, garage days, THAT is the metallica i like.

• MadTiger

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit