The 2006 "updated" Rev Climax book still "denounces" the UN as the beast.

by booker-t 10 Replies latest jw friends

• booker-t
    booker-t

I was recently given a copy of the 2006 Revelation Climax book by a JW's pioneer woman that I see all the time in front of the bus stop. We talked for a while and she just handed me a billion books and mags. I brought up the UN scandal to her and she right away went into defense mode. She claimed that JW's feel that the UN is the beast of Revelation and will perish at Armaggeddon. She then took me into the book that denounces the UN. I had thought they got rid of that belief that the UN was the beast of Rev since the UN scandal. So do JW's still believe that the UN is "evil"? And what changes were made from the 1988 Rev book compared with the 2006 Rev book. The 2006 Rev book is paperback..

• sf
    sf

Interesting.

Maybe gumby or any other active jw that posts on apostate sites,can help ya out on this one.

Maybe.

sKally

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

To my understanding, they did soften their stance during the ten years they were associated. You can see this reflected in some WT articles from that period. But seeing how they've withdrawn their membership, and the majority of JWs don't know that it even happened, there's no reason why they can't go back to denouncing it as the wild beast. No harm no foul.

• monophonic
    monophonic

i wonder, did they lighten up on work related dogma, like not letting people work in liquor stores if cigarettes and lotto tix are sold after the UN thing....or not lighten up, but just kind of stopped talking about it, or are they still extracting the straws for the eyes of active jws trying to earn a living?

• blondie
    blondie

The UN is still considered the "scarlet-colored wild beast" a reflection of the beast that represents all of the governments on earth. In the most recent books discussing prophecy (post Revelation Climax 1988)

*** ip (Isaiah Prophecy)-2 chap. 18 pp. 269-270 par. 16 Jehovah Revives the Spirit of the Lowly Ones ***Along with the rest of "Babylon the Great"—the world conglomerate of false religion—Christendom will be annihilated. The symbolic scarlet-colored wild beast and its ten horns "will make [Babylon the Great] devastated and naked, and will eat up her fleshy parts and will completely burn her with fire." (Revelation 17:3, 16, 17)

(Revelation 17:3) 3 And he carried me away in [the power of the] spirit into a wilderness. And I caught sight of a woman sitting upon a scarlet-colored wild beast that was full of blasphemous names and that had seven heads and ten horns...16 And the ten horns that you saw, and the wild beast, these will hate the harlot and will make her devastated and naked, and will eat up her fleshy parts and will completely burn her with fire. 17 For God put [it] into their hearts to carry out his thought, even to carry out [their] one thought by giving their kingdom to the wild beast, until the words of God will have been accomplished.

*** ip- (Isaiah Prophecy) 1 chap. 5 pp. 54-56 pars. 14-15 Jehovah Humiliates Self-Exalted Ones *** 14 During the coming day of Jehovah’s judgment upon Christendom and other segments of the world empire of false religion, what will people do? Faced with deteriorating conditions earth wide, most will likely come to realize that their idols are valueless. In place of these, they may well seek refuge and protection in nonspiritual, earthly organizations, perhaps including the United Nations, the "scarlet-colored wild beast" of Revelation chapter 17. It is "the ten horns" of that symbolic wild beast that will destroy Babylon the Great, the world empire of false religion, of which Christendom is a significant part.—Revelation 17:3, 8-12, 16, 17.

Although the devastating and burning of Babylon the Great may be the direct work of those symbolic ten horns, it is, in fact, the execution of Jehovah’s judgment. Concerning Babylon the Great, Revelation 18:8 states: "That is why in one day her plagues will come, death and mourning and famine, and she will be completely burned with fire, because Jehovah God, who judged her, is strong." So to Jehovah God, the Almighty, goes the credit for liberating mankind from domination by false religion. As Isaiah states, "Jehovah alone must be put on high in that day. For it is the day belonging to Jehovah of armies."—Isaiah 2:11b, 12a.

*** ip-1 chap. 12 p. 153 par. 20 Do Not Be Afraid of the Assyrian ***Whom will Jehovah use to discipline rebellious Christendom? We find the answer in the 17th chapter of Revelation. There we are introduced to a harlot, "Babylon the Great," representing all the world’s false religions, including Christendom. The harlot is riding a scarlet-colored wild beast that has seven heads and ten horns. (Revelation 17:3, 5, 7-12) The wild beast represents the United Nations organization. Just as the ancient Assyrian destroyed Samaria, the scarlet-colored wild beast "will hate the harlot and will make her devastated and naked, and will eat up her fleshy parts and will completely burn her with fire." (Revelation 17:16) Thus the modern-day Assyrian (nations associated with the UN) will deal Christendom a mighty blow and will crush her out of existence.

Additional information regarding the identity of the harlot and the scarlet-colored wild beast is found in chapters 34 and 35 of the book Revelation—ItsGrandClimaxAtHand!, published by the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc.

*** ip-1 chap. 26 p. 345 par. 7 "No Resident Will Say: ‘I Am Sick’" ***How does Isaiah’s prophecy apply in our day? The spiritually sick nation of Israel can be compared to unfaithful Christendom. Just as Jehovah used Assyria as a "rod" to punish Israel, so he will use a "rod" to punish Christendom—as well as the rest of the world empire of false religion, "Babylon the Great." (Isaiah 10:5; Revelation 18:2-8) That "rod" will be member nations of the United Nations—an organization pictured in Revelation as a seven-headed, ten-horned, scarlet-colored wild beast.—Revelation 17:3, 15-17.

WT References

*** w06 3/15 pp. 28-29 par. 9 Keep Clear of False Worship! ***That Jehovah hates false worship is clearly seen from what happens to Babylon the Great. Revelation 17:16 states: "The ten horns that you saw, and the wild beast, these will hate the harlot and will make her devastated and naked, and will eat up her fleshy parts and will completely burn her with fire." First, a huge beast mauls her to death and eats up her fleshy parts. Then, whatever remains of her is completely burned. Correspondingly, soon the world governments will take such action against false religion. God will make it happen. (Revelation 17:17) Babylon the Great, the world empire of false religion, is doomed to destruction. "She will never be found again."—Revelation 18:21.

*** w06 12/15 p. 15 par. 3 "The Great Day of Jehovah Is Near" ***However, the greatest "day of Jehovah" still lies ahead. It is the "day" when Jehovah’s judgment will be executed on those who have defamed his name. It will start with the destruction of "Babylon the Great," the world empire of false religion, and culminate in the annihilation of the rest of the wicked system of things at the war of Armageddon.—Revelation 16:14, 16; 17:5, 15-17; 19:11-21.

*** w05 1/15 p. 19 par. 16 Foregleams of God’s Kingdom Become a Reality ***Just as smoke and ash spewing from a previously dormant volcano may portend an imminent eruption, the simmering hostility toward religion in many parts of the world is an indication that the days of false religion are numbered. Soon, Jehovah will move the world’s political elements to unite in efforts to expose and devastate the spiritual harlot Babylon the Great. (Revelation 17:15-17; 18:21)

*** w05 9/15 p. 19 pars. 13-14 Walk by Faith, Not by Sight! ***Something similar is about to take place in our day. Elements within the United Nations will be involved in the execution of divine judgment. Just as the Roman armies of the first century were designed to maintain the PaxRomana (Roman Peace), the United Nations of today is intended to be a peacekeeping instrument. Although the Roman armies tried to ensure relative safety throughout the then known world, they became the desolater of Jerusalem. Likewise today, Bible prophecy indicates that militarized powers within the United Nations will see religion as a disturbing element and will act to destroy modern-day Jerusalem—Christendom—as well as the rest of Babylon the Great. (Revelation 17:12-17) Yes, the entire world empire of false religion stands on the brink of destruction.

The desolation of false religion will mark the beginning of the great tribulation. In the final part of the great tribulation, the remaining elements of this wicked system of things will be destroyed. (Matthew 24:29, 30; Revelation 16:14, 16)

*** w04 2/1 p. 21 par. 14 "The Scene of This World Is Changing" ***The coming destruction will be fear-inspiring for faithful Christians watching from the sidelines. First, the kings of the earth (the political part of Satan’s organization) will turn on the supporters of Babylon the Great (the religious part) and will destroy them. (Revelation 17:1, 15-18)

*** kp p. 13 ‘The Hour of Judgment’ Has Arrived ***In ancient times, Jehovah maneuvered powerful political and military nations to punish those who showed persistent disregard for him and his will. Thus Samaria was destroyed by the Assyrians in 740 B.C.E. Jerusalem was devastated by the Babylonians in 607 B.C.E. and by the Romans in 70 C.E. Babylon, in turn, was conquered by the Medes and the Persians in 539 B.C.E. For our day, the Bible forecasts that political governments, like a wild beast, will turn on "the harlot" and strip her naked, exposing her real character. They will completely destroy her.—Revelation 17:16.

Will the world’s governments really do such a thing? The Bible states that ‘God will put it into their hearts.’ (Revelation 17:17) It will be sudden, surprising, shocking, not foreseeable or gradual.

• Deleted
    Deleted

Unbelievable, what a set-up! Maybe the WTS' inner self has had enough of its hypocrisy and it's sabotaging its future? Let's 'buy' a case of these 2006 editions and send them to the right people at the UN! D

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Is there actually a revised edition of the book now? Last I knew, they were using the old version with the KM inserts that listed the changes.

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle
    We talked for a while and she just handed me a billion books and mags.

This has happened to me too. If you talk to them for more then two minutes they are more then willing to give you piles of literature that they themselves have paid for, free.

"Placing" literature is so difficult, that they will jump at anychance to be able to report book placements on their monthly time sheet.

• sandy
    sandy

I saw the new paper back copies as well at my family's house recently. I was wondering if it was a new edition as well. I wanted so badly to swipe one but it looked as though there were no extra copies.

FYI: Last week I noticed the bible is also paper back now.

• nojaydubs
    nojaydubs

And what changes were made from the 1988 rev book compared with the 2006 rev book.

This is my first post so I hope it works. The changes are mostly just statistics and very little wording. No "new light".

Here are some examples:

The first change is in chapter 4, page 19 Paragraph 4 the September 2006 km says (delete last citation Matthew 25:31-33)

The next change is Page 24 Paragraph 3 they replace a footnote which refers to the "Let Your Kingdom Come" book with

see the What Does the Bible Really Teach book.

The biggest change I could find was on Page 251 Where they change the wording of paragraph 14. The changes are so subtle that its really insignificant. The truth is the GB is just trying to maintain control and has NO IDEA of how to "shed light" on Revelation. The Revelation book is a Joke. I was always embarrased to even talk about the Watchtower's understanding of the Revelation. I feel like C.T. Russell had a better grasp of things, at least scripturally.

I Can't seem to paste anything on this page. Can someone help?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit