The Number of the Beast

by Yerusalyim 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

This is my 616th Post! Did you know that some divurgent texts of REV 13:18 state that the Number of the Beast is 616? Am I the Anti-Christ? Did you know that Ceasar Nero's name, in the Greek form, spelled with Hebrew letters adds up (numerically) to 666, and that the Latin form of Nero's name in Hebrew Letters add up to 616? Did you know that just as the beast was wounded but came back to life, so too did Nero stab himself in the throat, and that the Emperor Domition was rumored (and at times claimed to be) the resurrected Nero? I wonder if this is who John was talking about?
    Just a curious fact for you to ponder.

Yeru

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• BATHORY
    BATHORY

Interesting hypothesis Yogi, the only flaw i see is that the number of the beast,.. viz : revelation is 6, not the frequently misunderstood 666. Mate other than that your dead spot on ! ;-))

• Sirona
    Sirona

Its strange you should say this Yeru, since I found this in a local Announcement:

"World christians breathe a sigh of relief today, as the identity of the Anti-Christ is finally revealed! Religionists discovered a crypic message, discovered in Internet Archives, which read

"Meaning Is Foyer Understanding - 3 the words are and 3 the letters, to 7 for the antichrist"

Amazingly, the 3rd word "Foyer" was identified, and its 3rd letter Y was the first letter of the name of the Anti-Christ. Y - E - R - U leads us to the 7th letter "for the antichrist".

Yeru is identified as the antichrist. A Jehovahs Witness group, who made this finding, stated "this makes perfect sense to us, our reasoning is clearly infallible".

Sirona

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

BATH,

Let me get this straight. Your contention is that the Number of the beast is 6 repeated three times as opposed to Six hundred sixty six? On what is this based oh wet one? Just curious, it's the first time I've heard it. expecially since what I said about some texts reading 616 is true. Enlighten me, but not with NEW LIGHT please.

YERUSALYIM

• JanH
    JanH

Yeru,

Thanks for this note. It is generally agreed among modern Bible scholars that there is overwhelming evidence that the "Beast" spoken about in Revelation indeed referred to Emperor Nero. The variant reading 616 gives massive support to this hypothesis. Also, the count of Roman kings up to Nero support it. Such corraborating evidence is among the strongest you can ever hope to find in historical and textual studies.

Fundies, endlessly pursuing their "find the beast"-games, have never been very fond of this fact.

- Jan
    --
    "Doctor how can you diagnose someone with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and then act like I had some choice about barging in here right now?" -- As Good As It Gets

• BATHORY
    BATHORY

Hi Yogi,

yes my friend i am saying that i believe the number of the beast is plain ol' 6.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

JanH,

Is it the End Of The World As We Know It? You and I actually agreeing on something? Holy Sheep Dip Batman!

YERUSALYIM

• Seeker
    Seeker

As I've seen elsewhere on the Net:

666 - The number of the beast
    668 - The neighbor of the beast

• JanH
    JanH

665.95 - the retail price of the beast

yeru, no shit!

- Jan
    --
    "Doctor how can you diagnose someone with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and then act like I had some choice about barging in here right now?" -- As Good As It Gets

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

$1333.99
    The WTS recommended donation for the beast!

YERUSALYIM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit