Newbies - Give us your stories....

by AK - Jeff 58 Replies latest jw experiences

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Most of old posters have hashed and re-hashed our backgrounds, history, and method of discovering the 'Truth about the Truth'.

Your turn Newbies!

Those who are lurking without the benefit of registration - it only takes a minute, and you too can give us your stories!

Those registered lurkers - what holds you back? Get those stories in here and we will enjoy! Let us oldies rest and kick back!

Jeff

• mac n cheese
    mac n cheese

The usual holds me back - fear of discovery. But one day, when I have lost that fear, I will PM you and let you know. Keep up the great posts, I live for them!

-Mac

• DoubleVision
    DoubleVision

O K Jeff

85 views and 2 posts. I can’t stand it any longer.
    You said, method of discovering the 'Truth about the Truth'
    The very first thing I remember on the internet was a weird “apostate site”
    that had a bunch of stuff on it, but the one thing I remember was Rutherfords
    beth sarim house. I mentioned it out in service and the group got quiet. There
    response or lack of was strange.

But the real reason I think is being depressed with the whole routine week after week.
    It got old, I would look around the kingdom hall at the people and see people weary and
    tired. Things said from the platform would make no sense at times. You know, like scratching
    your head type things.

So I set out to explore more internet. And found allsorts of goodies.
    I think also after reading a few letters on line from EXjw’s helped me to see
    that I wasn’t the only one feeling this way.

Well I have to go.
    I just want to say thanks to all of you who contribute on this form. It means a lot to me.
    A place to go and realize I’m not going crazy.

DV

Side note, the other week the server on this site must have been down for a while and
    I got to say I think I stopped breathing for a second. Scary.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

M-n-C and DV, thanx for posting. I know it is tough, and paranoia begins to rule our minds, thinking there is a WTS spy behind every avatar. Not to say that there might not be one here from time to time - that is an ongoing debate sometimes - but mostly it is just us good ole' thinking XJW's.

Best advise is to keep it generic enough to be hard to trace, but specific enough to make it interesting too. Trust me, though we begin with the idea that we are 'unique' in our experiences in this religion - when you have read dozens and hundreds of posts that make you say 'Wow, just change a name or place, and that is me!' you begin to realize just how common the ground is upon which we have all tread. Same brain-control - same robotic behaviour. Hell, even the KH's look all the same nowadays.

Any other takers? We need some new blood dang it!

Jeff

• snowbird
    snowbird

I've been here for about 2 and a half months so I don't know if I qualify as a newbie. Here is how I found JWD: One day during a dry spell at work, I typed CULTS into a search engine. Guess who was near the top of the list? You got it.

After nearly swooning and going into the restroom to recover, I returned to my desk and began to read. I followed a link to Freeminds and thence to here. This happened during the early part of the year 2000. I don't know what made me start to search; Y2K fever I suppose. Whatever it was, the rest is history as the saying goes.

The #1 thing that got to me was the WTS history of racism. I'd always wondered why the "anointed" that I knew of were Caucasian. It was one of those niggling things that was always there, but I pushed it aside. Now I understood why - from Russell's paternalistic assurance that Blacks were to turn white during the Time of Restitution to Rutherford's bombastic proclamation that Coloreds were/are a race of servants - the scanned copies of their own literature showed to whom the message was originally intended.

So to all others who are beginning to search, I say to you, keep digging. Do not allow the rumblings from the Tower to stop you. Why do you think they're preaching so vehemently against the Internet? If they had nothing to hide they wouldn't be so paranoid, right? Whether you decide to remain in or take your leave, at least you will be fully informed. Remember, information restriction is one of the tell-tale signs that something is just not adding up.

Snowbird

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Hi Macncheese, doublevision and snowbird...really glad you joined us!

Sparkplug!!

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I had not been to a KH in more than 15 years when I first came here. Never had a visit, or read any magazines during that time. I was being fully shunned by my family and everyone I ever knew. I thought I had moved on with my life and had just accepted that I would die and that would be it.

When I found this site, I remember beads of sweat forming on my lip, my heart racing, I felt sick to my stomach. I would have to walk away. Slowly I just started accepting that this is what it is. I was mislead. I tried to share my new found knowledge at different times, since I've been here, but it seemed to drive an even bigger wedge. I think they are very afraid.

I met lots and lots of people from here in real life. We all have a different story, but it is, what it is, our story, our life.

Welcome new ones

lisa

• unique1
    unique1

Come on newbies, don't let the thread die.

• poppers
    poppers

Yeah, come on newbies, spill it. We are interested, and you never know how your story may help someone else.

• JE1234
    JE1234

Just wanted to say hello. My name is Josephine. I'm sort of a newbie been along time since i posted anything. I always come on here to read everyones post, never really had the courage to post anything else didnt want to sound like a dork lol. Maybe one day i will tell my whole story, too long and painful. This is the short version i was baptized in 95 i was 17 left around 18 I hated the things ive seen in the hall the double standards, what they put my brother and i through and my friends. Just wanted to be normal and not hide anymore. I lived the double life went to bars and clubs and had the worldly boyfriends. Still went to the meetings and service. Finally just told my parents i didnt want to go anymore, i brought my boyfriend home to meet them (now husband) had the fights with them for along time about the truth that im going to die in the end blah blah blah. Finally they realized that i didnt want it, and they left me alone. I think i got one phone call from an elder to come to the meeting on a sunday to encorage me, i said yes i will be there never went. They never bothered me after that. I have respect for certain people from that hall i say my hello's, how are you's when i see them, thats about it. Last week my mother tells me that she should have never let me get baptized that she really new how miserable i was in the borg all i could say was thanks mom for telling me 12 years later, im not going to fight with her or my dad they have been through enough in there life especially my mom. My parents will be in that place till the day they die and me telling them what ive learned on here will only make things worse i dont want that. Which by the way im still learning the real truth about it, thanks to this website and all of you!! I know my story was my leaving the borg. Maybe this post will encourage me to post more and tell more. So with that all said MY BIG BIG HELLO'S TO EVERYONE!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit