Service meeting part about My Space

by seek2find 38 Replies latest jw friends

• seek2find
    seek2find

This week an article about the internet will be discussed on the service meeting. At one meeting it was announced that the elders would be contacting parents about kids who have my space accounts. Anbody else hear it at their meeting? How will the elders be finding out if they have my space accounts????seek2find

• White Dove
    White Dove

Shouldn't that be up to the parents to know about their children? UGH! It makes me sick how controlling and invasive the elders can get I wonder if they are still watching married couples in their bedrooms to make sure no oral/anal sins are being committed

2 witnesses reporting to JC

• unique1
    unique1

All you have to do is use the search feature. If the JW kids are using their real names they will pop right up. This would not suprize me in the least. Myspace is what started my need to DA.

• undercover
    undercover

I wonder if this is a local needs part?

I would have thought that someone would have alerted us to any Kingdom Ministry articles dealing with the Internet and MySpace due to be covered this week.

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

It doesn't surprise me. You don't JW kids to start feeling normal.

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

Why should the elders even need to warn parents about my space?

Are they planning on warning the families about the pedophiles in the kingdumb hall on line?

• seek2find
    seek2find

TO Undercover: It is a discussion of the question box in the July KM. Audiance participation last part of the meeting. Maybe someone can post a scan??? seek2find

• TIMBOB
    TIMBOB

Yea, It was on the tuesday night meeting I went to. It was funny cause I could think of TONS of witnesses who are myspace including myself. Is anyone else on there, if so, PM me.

The actual article doesnt actualy say myspace. Its more so implied. I had not heard anything about elders calling families asking if their children were on.

Ill scan my copy and post it later on if I can remember.

• Emma
    Emma
    Are they planning on warning the families about the pedophiles in the kingdumb hall on line?

It shows that their interest isn't really in protecting kids, but keeping information from them. A pedophile in their congregation is OK, just don't let anyone have access to an alternate viewpoint.

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76
    It shows that their interest isn't really in protecting kids, but keeping information from them. A pedophile in their congregation is OK, just don't let anyone have access to an alternate viewpoint.

Emma, It's so obvious to all of us, yet the ones inside are blind to the truth, my only thoughts are how evil the gb is, only money and power matters,peoples safety, feelings and lives have no value to them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit