Kiwi Apostate Invades Europe

by Black Sheep 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Hi guys and girls,

I will be taking a much needed holiday in Denmark (Jutland), London, Amsterdam and Switzerland (Basel) starting next week.

Most of my time will be with my JW son and my two granddaughters in Denmark.

It would be nice to run into a few fellow apostates on my trip.

Cheers

Chris

• I Know what I like, and I like what I know
    I Know what I like, and I like what I know

Hi

when will you visit Amsterdam?

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I'll be in Amsterdam from 27 to 29 August.

It will be my first time there.

Cheers

Chris

• zagor
    zagor

Other than your trip to Europe,..... where in NZ are you? :)

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Bay of Plenty

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I have been having a great time over here. Good weather has been following me around until Stansted, England two days ago, where I walked country trails in the drizzle and got drenched on the way for dinner at a cute village pub in Takeley.

I have enlightened people who thought JWs were harmless in four different countries so far. Had an ale called Black Sheep with dinner, very nice.

Cheers, Chris

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

Hi Black Sheep

How long are you in London for - we are not far from London.

SP & Besty

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Hi Sweet Pea,

I walked to Stansted airport in the drizzle yesterday and arrived back in Denmark to bright sunshine. I only saw one windmill turning all the way home.

Cheers

Chris

• Black Sheep
  • Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I am back in NZ again.

I had a great trip. Good weather followed me followed me around except for one cold wet windy day in the UK. Even that wasn't so bad that I didn't walk to the airport instead of taking a bus. That evening I had my first dinner in a real English village pub. Fish and chips with a great English beer, 'Black Sheep'. I recommend it.

Behind me, I left a trail of people who will never become JWs.

E.g. I had dinner with a guy in Germany who was brought up by Plymouth Bretheren parents. He thought that he was an oddball because of his upbringing, baptism and consequent shunning by his father who he had just visited. The visit had not gone well. He thought that the JWs were a harmess religion. Before the end of the night he knew that they were no different from his father's cult. When I used the phase "mind control" he jumped on it. He knew exactly what I was talking about. He has recovered very well from his upbringing and has a wonderful wife and family. One of his sons has visited us a couple of times previously so it was nice to meet them.

The best part of my trip is, that I am now confident that my granddaughters will be protected from the cult by their mother.

Cheers

Chris

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit