'peoples choice awards' for me in my small city, if you knew my story:)

by orbison11 15 Replies latest jw friends

• orbison11
    orbison11

greetings all

well some here know my story,,after dfing, pretty bad,,,

lets just say i went from an easy financial existance to immediate extreme poverty

and being a mature female, that is harsh

i have great empathy for those in that position,,must be my polish lineage that kept me a pluggin

anyway, fast forward,,,went from homeless (only churches would give me food bags,,ugh)

then onto welfare,,,

then onto dead end jobs, hard at my age,,but allas,,,surviving

then got a program thru welfare,,yuk i hate that word

opened a store front business

now in my 5th, yes 5th summer

and the local paper has a 'peoples choice awards' which is quite a prestigious award in town,,,major advertising bling

guess what,,my shop won in my category,,ok is only a nail salon,,,but i beat out many contendors

they had things like favourite barber, restaurant, tire shop, hair shop, etc

so there ya go,,it can be done,,,i am so proud,,,,especially when i let it leak out to jw's lol

it goes in the paper next tuesday

just had to brag,,,,those just out,,,your story cant be worse than mine,,,and look where i am,,,and i am a very mature female

thanks

orb

• tall penguin
    tall penguin

Congrats!!!

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

congratulations! You deserve it, for toughing out a hard life and making a success of yourself. You are a role model for everyone!

• orbison11
    orbison11

thanks both of you,,it has been a hard haul,,but no less than hitting those doors in the cold lol

just gotta get up each morning and go for it,,,a word for the young leaving the org...it can be done

i am so jealous of those with an education,,i didint have a chance in the org:(

but have decided, here in canada, upon retirement age,,soon,,,they give us option for free education,,so then i am going for my law degree

wendy

• Missanna
    Missanna

CONGRATS!!!! that's awesome!

• lies all lies
    lies all lies

WOW! Congratulations! Fortunately I haven't had to walk in your shoes, but if I ever do I will keep you in mind as inspiration.

• RollerDave
    RollerDave

YES!

I love a Horatio Alger story!

I too bootstrapped myself from circumstances I wasn't proud of to a place where I can rightly feel somewhat accomplished, so I know it can be done; But I love hearing about it everytime!

CONGRATS!

Roller

• sparrow
    sparrow

That's awesome - well done. You should be proud

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Way to go Wendy! It's Ok to brag a little. You've come a long way baby!

Cog

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Wow, you are a total !

Congratulations on creating a great life for yourself. I wish you all the best for the future of your business!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit