If We Were All In The Same Circuit, Do You Think We Would've Been Friends?

by minimus 21 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

We've made a lot of friends here and have enjoyed the company and opinions of one another, so my question is, do you think we would've all hit it off so well had we known each other on a more personal, visible basis?

• JH
    JH

I have a few friends here but most people here are acquaintances only, so probably that would remain the same in real life.

I'm a person with very few friends and many acquaintances.

• metaspy
    metaspy

I honestly don't know. I am a bit of an introvert.
    my brother did most of the socializing and I tagged along.
    so the better question would be, do you think you would have been friends with my brother?
    if so, then I would have too.

• Chameleon
    Chameleon

Nah, 'cause I probably would've thought I was the only apostate. Haha.

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

if i saw a big red 7-up spot walking around an assembly, i would totally hang out with him.

• thebiggestlie
    thebiggestlie

i wish i could be friends with folks that actually know the agony i'm in....i know how melodramatic that is but i don't care, i have less than a month before i gotta man up eh?

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Hell no :)

One of the amazing things here is how different all the people are. There seems no particular type of personality is required to see through the Watchtower BS.

• prophecor
    prophecor

I would prefer to know yous all here. You all would have been other than, had we all been in the same circuit, and then, we'd have truly been worser strangers.

• Mary
    Mary

It's alot like real life: there are some people you're drawn to more than others, some you like, some you don't like. So I think if we all met in a curcuit, it'd probably be pretty much the same as what we see on here.

• RollerDave
    RollerDave

The red dot poses an interesting 'what-if' (as usual, I might add).

We each show that bit of ourselves here that we wish to put forth, no more.

It would be hard to say whether liking the small bit of someone they allow to be seen on a forum would translate into liking the rest of them if met in person, but it's not IMPOSSIBLE.

I know there are folks on JWD that I am sure I would have no use for in person because I refuse to read any further posts they write.

There are others whose posts are enjoyable, but I can tell I wouldn't really hang with them.

Then there are others still who I think I would be tight with if I ever met them.

I find the same basic divisions also exist among people I meet in person, so I guess my answer would have to be a definitive and resounding 'idk'

I just try not to have so many friends I can afford to throw any of 'em away, or so few I have to take crap off anyone.

Gets me by.

Roller (of the 'indecisive' sheep class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit