Forgiving the Governing Body

by Derrick 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Derrick
    Derrick

As a baptized Jehovah's Witness, I have been tested over the years by those very ones who claim they are entrusted with my soul. My mind has run the gamut of theories as to why those at the Watchtower seem to set themselves up as superior to all other religions, then publicly knock themselves down in committing major acts of hypocrisy?

I'll digress a moment to state that one strong theory that has deeply troubled me over the years, centers around their transformation over a century into a caricaturistic representation of Christendom. (Refer definition of caricature at http://www.dictionary.com/cgi-bin/dict.pl?term=caricature for clarification.)

I remember back on H2O when a JW, I believe it was "Goldie", compared the mystery of the Watchtower and its Governing Body members to a complicated jigsaw puzzle. She asked the rhetorical question about what the picture on the puzzle would look like if anyone was diligent enough to finish the puzzle? She asked, after placing the last piece to the finished puzzle into place, would the puzzle show the picture of a demon?

Her remarks triggered a thought. I had recently been in touch with someone who showed me evidence the Watchtower had used a spiritist, Johannes Greber, to write one of its Bible translations back in the 1960's or thereabouts. There has been a lot of dabbling in spiritism by the Governing Body members over the past century, with ties to the famous magician Allastair McClain (spelling?). I had done some research on this magician to discover he was a Satan worshiper. I could not shake the idea that the Governing Body members over the past century were involved in secret rituals, much like the rituals practiced in secret by the Mormons and Masons.

Goldie's allegory suddenly hit me with a very disturbing thought. Suppose the Watchtower, in its "bowels" deep inside Bethel, is involved not only in spiritism but Satanism? Suppose the process of educating and baptizing each JW is considered a rite of passage for that individual toward ultimately demoralizing them, and thus causing them to lose their very eternal soul? Afterall, many Satanic rituals work along these lines.

Recently the eleven year association with the United Nations brought back these troubling suspicions. The organization has reached over 6 million, with billions of dollars in yearly revenues. Any larger and it runs the risk of losing control over the rank and file. If my theory is correct, suppose they used this association with the United Nations on multiple levels.

Aside from any economic benefits, the idea is to shake the Watchtower tree. Those who belong to the true God of the Bible will recognize the gross sin they have committed and leave. Those who are not pure at heart, will continue believing the lie, perhaps believing they were "accidentally" part of the United Nations for over 10 years, or rationalize their association.

Along this train of thought, the Watchtower could accomplish several objectives. Many tens of thousands will be stumbled and lose faith in God. This could be considered as one of several "sacrifices" to the god of this system, if there is Satanism practiced in Bethel at the organization's core. Some will leave to serve God elsewhere. These are the sheep "that got away."

Finally, those who stay will have seared their consciences. They will, by their refusal to face the bitter truth about the Watchtower, thus condone an organization that by its own teachings has committed the ultimate act of religious hypocrisy. Those in charge of the Watchtower have committed intercourse with "the beast" described in the book of Revelation.

I'm thinking outloud, and have yet to draw any final conclusions.

In case some might not know where I'm going with this, perhaps I should spell it out. I'm concerned about a pattern that is emerging where the Watchtower promotes teachings from the Bible to the congregations, and then acts in direct opposition to those teachings. The end-effect is first to recruit millions who are willing to place the Watchtower above Christ in importance. Thus by the Watchtower's own definition of idolatry, many look to it idolatrously as being the final authority in their lives. Second, to cause spiritual desolation in the lives of millions of others, who weak willed people who relied on the Watchtower as a crutch, because they are unable to make up their own minds and hearts as to the truth. These are the ones who are "stumbled" when learning about the Watchtower's membership in the United Nations. It's not even that membership in the peace promoting United Nations is wrong in itself. Rather it's the Watchtower's demonizing the UN through its teachings, then hopping into bed with it. The UN was a convenient effigy for the Watchtower. Could it have been demonized for the sole purpose of later stumbling and demoralizing millions? Did the Watchtower essentially say "this organization belongs to Satan" in preparation for it later hopping into bed with "Satan"?

Simply getting involved with the United Nations was political, and becoming a part of this world. By demonizing the UN as being Satanic in its very nature, however, did the Watchtower get more mileage out of its membership by demoralizing over 6 million people who would eventually learn of this involvement? Was the intended result to cull out those who really came to know God through the Bible by disgusting them into disassociation, while corrupting the souls of the Judas-like individuals whose hearts did not belong to God? Many others would stumble, believing the Watchtower's hypocrisy was evidence that God does not exist, and leaving the organization to serve God but to live the very empty superficial lives the Watchtower taught them was worldly. Then of course there would be smatterings of those who leave to become "good people" whom, although not believing in God, still lead moral lives. They once were baptized as Christians, but turned away from Christianity.

What would motivate a few at the core of the Watchtower to cause all this spiritual mayhem? Is the motive too simple and basic to accept as possible fact? Is this just another variation of the practices by a Satanic "cult" which, rather than animal or human sacrifices, treats the mass spiritual demoralization of millions of human souls -- the shattering of their faith in a living God -- as a "worthy sacrifice" to their god?

Again, I go back to the connections of spiritism in the organization. I think about the spiritistic undertones surround the grave of Charles Taze Russell with its pyramid that is maintained by Watchtower funds. I think about the past ties to spiritists like Johannes Greber and Alastair McClain, the latter who worshiped Satan in the belief that he derived great supernatural powers from "the god of this system of things." I think of the possible foundation of this entire religion in Masonry. I think of the possible ties of this religion to Mormonism, and theories that the Watchtower is secretly a subsidiary of the Mormon Church.

The bottomline is that the Watchtower is bearing rotten fruits. The shocking epidemic of child molestation chronicled at Silent Lambs site http://www.silentlambs.org/ and decade-long association with an organization that is condemned in many Watchtower publications, is but two of many examples. Can anyone deny the logic of my suspicions that, possibly, the Watchtower's real intent is to set-up and then knock-down people it recruits?

Set them up. Then knock them down? Set them up by baptizing them in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit as I was in the mid-1970's wasn't good enough. Too many sheep were getting processed in and out of this organization through a technically correct baptism, only to serve God elsewhere. They needed to do a little pre-screening. For example, I would have never been baptized under their post-1985 baptism questions! You see? They could have saved the expense of me coming in, actually reading the Bible and applying it to my life, and leaving as someone who believes in and worships God. So, did they changed the questions to cull out the incorrigibly faithful? Good people would still get through the screening process but not as many. A higher ratio of those who were in it for selfish reasons, to live in luxury in paradise on Earth, would be represented in the number of JWs worldwide after 1985. That year was critical in helping to weed out the truly good hearted ones.

Then came 1990. This next phase was probably considered a 10-20 year plan to weed out those remaining who really believe in and love God. With the baptism questions and now the knowledge the organization fornicated with the "beast," a specific type of person who becomes a JW in the future will emerge. A higher level of quality control now exists in the organization, just perhaps?

You tell me, if you are one of JWs who are reading this, why I should remain affiliated with this quasi-religious organization: (1) considering those baptism questions drop the Holy Spirit as one of those in whose name Jesus commanded his followers to get baptized, thus preventing many sheep from getting baptized since 1985; and (2) with new knowledge the Watchtower has by its own teachings "fornicated" for over 10 years with a worldly organization it teaches is an instrument of Satan? If apostates joined them in 1990 they would have found out long before now! There is no excuse on their part. So, will you tell me?

Derrick

• siegswife
    siegswife

In the past, the Watchtower Society has identified themselves as the locusts mentioned in Revelation 9. Please read that Revelation and determine just what forces are at work in the WTBTS and who their king is, according to that scripture.

• Dino
    Dino

Derrick, that was very powerful. You would also be very pleasantly surprised to know that there are ALOT of dedicated brothers worldwide who feel exactly the same way.I am shaking with emotion after reading that post because of my similar feelings. I dont say this to lend credence to what I am about to say, and I hope that Maximus wont mind, but we have spent time conversing on that VERY scenario! It's obvious to several that what supposedly comes from the GB MUST be originating from another source. Thank you Derrick from the bottom of my heart. Dino

• Kent
    Kent

Hi Derric;

Just a few comments:

Her remarks triggered a thought. I had recently been in touch with someone who showed me evidence the Watchtower had used a spiritist, Johannes Greber, to write one of its Bible translations back in the 1960's or thereabouts.

This isn't true. It's an understatement I don't think the Watchtower is to be trusted, but the one who gave evidence to this, is a fraud, I'm afraid.

Take a look at some of these pages:

http://watchtower.observer.org/apps/pbcs.dll/artikkel?SearchID=73077479421147&Avis=WO&Dato=20010526&Kategori=DOCTRINE&Lopenr=10526041&Ref=AR

http://watchtower.observer.org/apps/pbcs.dll/artikkel?SearchID=73077479421147&Avis=WO&Dato=20010518&Kategori=DOCTRINE4&Lopenr=10518022&Ref=AR

http://watchtower.observer.org/apps/pbcs.dll/artikkel?SearchID=73077479421147&Avis=WO&Dato=20010518&Kategori=DOCTRINE4&Lopenr=10518024&Ref=AR

http://watchtower.observer.org/apps/pbcs.dll/artikkel?SearchID=73077479421147&Avis=WO&Dato=20010518&Kategori=DOCTRINE4&Lopenr=10518023&Ref=AR

It's true the Watchtower used Greber's "translation" as support of their own "translation" of John 1:1 - since he is one of the extremely few that did "translate it" that way. There is 2 more, as I'm aware of - and they needed the support.

They knew from the 50es Greper was making his "translation" helped by a spiritistic medium, and condemned that in the Watchtower. Later they used him for support in decades!

As we all know, we can always trust the Watchtower - trust them to be world class hypocrites!

Yakki Da

Kent

I need more BOE letters, KMs and other material. Those who can send it to me - please do! The new section will be interesting!!

Daily News On The Watchtower and the Jehovah's Witnesses:
    http://watchtower.observer.org

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

FOGIVNG THE GOVERNING BODY:The bastard`s support an orginisation that would exterminate most of the human race.Show them the same mercy ,they would show most of us....none!!!!

• Mommie Dark
    Mommie Dark

Der...RICK, it sure is taking you a long time to admit that the old farts in Crooklyn are in fact filthy demonic criminals!

Geez you're finally letting it seep in after all this time!

And you're still as longwinded as ever aren't ya honey? But I'm glad you're finally letting some facts seep into that impenetrable skull of yours. I wondered if you would ever really get a clue. Nice to know even the diehards are now facing the facts. Congrats. And it's about time!

Wottsamotta, is Waterworld getting stagnant now that its waters have receded so far? Well, enjoy playing in Simon's wading pool but remember... NO PEEING IN THE POOL pal.

• Derrick
    Derrick

Many think reform is now a lost cause. Here's a recent update of the original H2O "founders" / "reformists" who started H2O in mid-1996, about the time that the Associated Jehovah's Witnesses for Reform (AJWR) web site closed. I recently had dinner with Kristin and her husband, they are on holiday in the States. I doubt she would mind my mentioning they have almost given up on reform. They purchased a beautiful home that I hope to visit in Australia, and live good Christian lives. Although still attending one meeting a week, they have started attending a non-denominational Christian church on Sundays. They seem to feel real good about this transitional period in their lives.

"Sandman" is doing fine. We're the best of buds. He's an occasional visitor to my home here in northern California's "silicon valley" and spent much of his summer days surfing in Santa Cruz. During the district convention at the Cow Palace he met a beautiful sister that looks like she could model for Vogue. I went into further details which I then erased, for obvious reasons.

Gina is busy raising her family, and also is starting to doubt if the reformation efforts of various circuit and district overseers in Australia, the U.S. and other countries will bear fruit. (The United Nations situation that surfaced has undermined confidence in reform across the board, IMHO.)

I spoke with Kevin from Australia who used to post on AJWR a few years ago. He asked how everyone is doing, and if a JW in New Mexico named Sonja has ever has posted on H2O or this site since? Does anyone recall? If you're here, Sonja, perhaps you can say "hi" to Kevin. Although he claims that he's been too busy to participate on H2O and this site over the years, I suspect he might be lurking (although he says he doesn't have time). Kevin is somewhat inactive but still funding "covert operations" in the organization by reform minded various circuit and district overseers and those higher up.

Did I forget anyone? Some of the founders remained lurkers and wanted to remain in the background. The ones I have mentioned are those I know have been publicly involved in H2O. Kristin did mention that she was in touch "Aussieboy" recently. He has become a very deeply involved in reform and the Society would dearly love to get their hands on him due to his level in the organization. He's doing fine, and remains single to this day even though everyone predicted his classic good Australian looks would net him a wife. :-)

By the way, Mommie Dark, the shores of H2O haven't receded at all. It's just a big deep stretch of "ocean" that is less frequented by "dolphins" and "whales" these days. But it's there, still patrolled to protected its deep blue waters and reefs.

> Der...RICK, it sure is taking you a long time to admit that the old farts in Crooklyn are in fact filthy demonic criminals!

I never did "admit" this, but expressed SUSPICIONS in that regard. I'll be the first to publicly apologize to them, should my suspicions be proven baseless. I don't go accusing anyone without solid evidence. The United Nations thing could help back my suspicions on a broader scale as I expressed, or simply show they're hypocritical ("do as I say, but not as I do"), or something else entirely.

> Geez you're finally letting it seep in after all this time!

True. I'm also becoming skeptical that the skeletal frame of the organization that is teaching people the Bible worldwide, can be snatched out of the "fire"! Is reform still possible, I wonder? Can those who want to pursue THE UNADULTERATED TRUTH take control of billions in assets and contributions away from those who would join an organization (the United Nations) that JWs are taught is part of "the beast" in the book of Revelation?

> And you're still as longwinded as ever aren't ya honey?

Apparently, dear.

> But I'm glad you're finally letting some facts seep into that impenetrable skull of yours. I wondered if you would ever really get a clue. Nice to know even the diehards are now facing the facts. Congrats. And it's about time!

Coming from you, a supreme compliment, I'm sure. ;-)

> Wottsamotta, is Waterworld getting stagnant now that its waters have receded so far? Well, enjoy playing in Simon's wading pool but remember... NO PEEING IN THE POOL pal.

Would I pee in Simon's pool after all the trouble he's going through to filter it of much more pungent affluent? (LOL!)

Derrick

• Esmeralda
    Esmeralda

Hey, Rick...I read your post, but I must admit that I am too tired presently for it to really sink in. But I will reply to the subject line of your post...and ponder the issue for a moment...Forgive the governing body?

Maybe...when they admit their guilt, admit that they are no more divine than any other religion, sell the printing works and the buildings and set their Bethel slaves free with a nice severance package...and the DISSOLVE their corporations.

Like that would ever happen.

But that's when I'd consider it.

hang in there, and above all, keep asking those questions. You've come a long way, baby.

*hug*
    essie
    (probably too tired to make much sense!)

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Derrick,

An interesting post.

When a person discovers that they have been cleverly manipulated into believing an ideology that they were prepared to sacrifice absolutely everything for, the subsequent shock to the emotional system cannot be underestimated.

We look for all kinds of reasons as to why this has happened to us and the one that you describe above that involves demons and a grand conspiracy is certainly an exotic choice of reason to make, but I fear that the real reasons are far less exciting.

We were suckered - we need to face that issue. Something within ourselves allowed it to happen - we need to face that issue also. It is almost like a ‘rape’, an emotional rape, that looking back we could have prevented and it really pains us to realize this.

My advise ( which you have not asked for!) is to pick over the remains of your life, take what good you learned from your days with the WTS ( and there was certainly some good learned ) leave behind the rest and move on.

Kind regards - HS

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

For more on the Society's 'spiritistic connections' see Derek Barefoot's book THE HOUR OF DARKNESS.

You might be able to get a copy from <freeminds.org> (?)

Outaservice

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit