Aftermath: The Shame And Regret Of It All

by The wanderer 14 Replies latest jw friends

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev

Dansk

I understood what you were saying. I was sarcastically pointing out the difference between conditional and unconditional love!

Oh btw good luck in your recovery!!

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Former relatives and worldy friends will not treat you like the Watchtower does. Unknown to you they may have been praying for you, to get out of that religion, and will be glad to know that their prayers have been answered. Enjoy your relatives and worldy friends now that you can. Celebrate, write cards, enjoy the holidays with them etc.

There is no shame and regret that you should feel. We were all captives of a concept, now that it is a thing of the past move on with your relatives and friends.

Richard, Scully gave you excellant advice, I would follow it.

Blueblades

• Smiles_Smiles
    Smiles_Smiles

Just be honest with people. If you feel you owe certains ones a personal apology by all means do so. And for others when given the chance just be honest and let them make the decision of how close they want to be.

Remember there is no "shame" being fooled or snowed by a controlling religion. You are human and that road brought you to this point. And it sounds like you are pretty healthy now. So hold your head up ... you are human ... you got snowed but you woke up. Most people are understanding enough I would think. But if not 'good riddance'.

And as far as regrets ... what's done is done. The past is gone ... the future hasn't happened and is not promised the way you might envison it ... live life right now authentically and before you know it you will not even be able to spell regetr, regrte, uhhh ... regret.

Hugs & Smiles

• changeling
    changeling

Having been raised a witness I was automatically sheltered from "worldly" relatives. Today I have it as a goal to reach out to them. I have not done it yet, since I've only been fading a year, and my relatives, who are in other parts of the country, don't even know me vey well, but I will do it.

I think that people understand that witnesses are wierd and that they would be happy to see that you've come to your senses.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Rich:

I did something similar to what Scully did. I have made attempts to repair the broken bridges I made when I joined this religion.

Try it. You may be pleasantly surprised.

LHG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit