Eureka, McKinleyville, (California)

by D wiltshire 16 Replies latest jw friends

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

Eureka, McKinleyville, (California)

I just spent the weekend at these beautiful towns.
    I hope to move there in 5 years land prices are very very cheap and the people are super friendly.
    It seems to have a 19th century freedom and many of the 21-century’s technology.

You can get ocean view acreage cheap, or a few miles away from the ocean in the big redwoods.

Not much work, but good for retiree’s.

Anybody ever live in this part of California?

If someone lived a trillion X longer than you, and had a billion X more reasoning ability would he come to the same conclusions as you?
  • SixofNine
    SixofNine

Just weighing in that it is an especially beautiful town.

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

Sixofnine,

What did you like about this area?

If someone lived a trillion X longer than you, and had a billion X more reasoning ability would he come to the same conclusions as you?
  • Mulan
    Mulan

my husband's late brother and his family lived there for about 30 years (he was 16 years older than my husband). We visited them often. It was really nice, mild climate, but lots of fog. Great old Victorian houses.

Marilyn (a.k.a. Mulan)
    "Those who know, don't say, and those who say, don't know."

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

Marilyn,

I was totally blown away with the friendliness of people there. Everyone seemed so laid back.
    If your a few miles from the coast you don't get all the fog.
    We stopped at a coffee house and got into some nice conversations, my wife went to a flea market found lots of interesting things.
    You can buy a couple of acres of nice land with lots of redwoods trees on it not too far fromt he coast and along side paved roads with electricity for less than $100,000. The air seemed so clean because of the trees.
    What a difference from Silicon Valley.

• jelly
    jelly

Weed grows very well in that part of cali, or at least thats what I have been told.

Jelly

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

Jelly,
    In town, I was told by someone that some places they fine you for smoking cigarettes but pot is OK?
    You can grow it there, you can use it with no threat of arrest, they were eveen rolling joints in the public, but they will arrest you for selling it. At the coffee house someone tried to sell my wife and I an ounce but we were not interested.

• rekless
    rekless

I spent 35 years in CLEARLAKE, Ca. land was cheap and almost starved . It all has to do with if you have money or not. If you go there without finances you will regret it . Beautiful but the economy is slow to nill.

Have fun if that is what you want.

• mommy
    mommy

LOL I wondered when someone would mention pot. I knew a JW family from there. The hubby had a lawn maintance business there. He said he had to move pot plants just to mow the lawn, not to mention weeding the plants as well.

Very friendly town, but most of them are stoned
    wendy

Blind faith can justify anything.~Richard Dawkins

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

I plan on buying some land now and put a cheap mobil home on it and in about five years sell my home here and move there bringing my business also. If your home and land is paid for and you have a little in the bank it shouldn't be to hard to get by.

I love the great out doors, and always been a hiker.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit